“Great lunch”

Dogwood Tavern
Ranked #31 of 357 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a rustic tavern true to Virginia's beauty. Our array of beer selections, flavorful cocktails and comfort food menu make you feel at home right away. We have a 19 HDTV's for sports lovers, and outdoor patio for after work gatherings and always give a warm welcome to kids of all ages.
Reviewed January 15, 2020

Took two colleagues to lunch here today.
Both had never been, and I used to live in The Little City. (not so little anymore).

I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Wrap w/ tater tots
One colleague ordered the Chicken sandwich, which she raved about
and the other colleague ordered the chicken pasta, which she ate nearly down to the porceilan.

Very good service. Delicous food. Great lunch spot.

Ambiance: Cozy, yet lively
Location: Perfect
Parking: Paved lot out back - gets busy. Garage across the street
Food: Top notch
Drinks: Cold and good selection

Would recommend: Yes
Would re-patronize: Definitely

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

My wife and I made our first visit to the Dogwood Tavern on a rainy Thursday night. The atmosphere is definitely tavern/pub with a large bar, some high tables adjacent to the bar, and tables with chairs and booths in an adjacent room.

We were warmly greeted by someone who seated us and our waitress appeared very promptly for drink orders. Everything seemed very organized and came off very well throughout the dinner on a fairly busy night. It was noisy but it is a pub and everyone seemed to be having a good time. All the plates we saw looked very good.

We each had a wedge salad with excellent dressing along with bacon cooked perfectly. My wife thought her chowder (ham and potato) was outstanding and I had the shrimp and grits which was very good. The portion was very ample. Our visit turned out to be a very nice evening although with some ambient noise. The service was prompt, friendly, and organized. We will be back again and will add it to our list of “places”.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 8, 2019

Took clients there for lunch. The food was great. Free parking, nice quaint place. I had the salad and it was good. Service was fast. I would go back.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

I give it for our first visit. We ate in the covered back patio and watched Buffalo beat the Titans and the Redskins continue their losing streak. This was while enjoying brunch and lunch with the family. I think this could become a new favorite of mine when we visit the kids in FC.

On to the food, buffalo chicken wrap with TATER TOTS! We didn’t have the brunch buffet, but it sure looked good and a bargain to boot. Others in the group enjoyed the French Toast and huevos rancheros. My wife had never had a croque madame before and she thought it was just okay, though.

Alex D, our server, was excellent. He was on top of refills needed and was very attentive to our other needs. Food was delivered quickly, given how busy the restaurant was, and it was freshly prepared and hot. I love tater tots (Alex joked when I ordered them that I remembered elementary school - hey I’m excited to see them on so many menus), and they were crisp and hot. Hats off to the chefs.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019

The food and service here are always excellent. Their craft cocktails are amazing! Great place for some upscale pub grub. Half price raw bar on Tuesdays is a great deal. They have several different varities of oysters.

Date of visit: July 2019