“Great (maybe the best) Thai in suburban No. Virginia”
Review of Rabieng

Rabieng
Ranked #40 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've been going to Rabieng in Falls Church for close to 20 years and a meal there this week demonstrated that the place is still on its game. The menu is full of typical Thai dishes -- Thai Pad, green papaya salad, etc. but is terrific for its abundant choices of vegetarian plates. The last visit we had plantain fritters and calamari salad for starters (both outstanding); Green Farmer's curry and Drunken Noodles for main dishes (spicy/hot but not punishing); and two outrageous desserts--mango and sticky rice and coconut ice cream. The latter is the best of its kind anywhere, bar none.
Service and decor are friendly/efficient and pleasant at the small eatery. Prices quite reasonable. We don't have a Thai restaurant this good in the city (Washington DC), so the trek to Falls Church (Culmore/Baileys Crossroads) is about 20 minutes--but worth the drive.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was one of the first restaurants I ever chose utilizing trip advisor. Simply went to the number one on the listings a little over a year ago. It was as great as I would have expected. Needed one more review for a badge after posting a recent review so searched falls church looking for a place I'd been and was surprised to see this one moved down.

We go once every couple of months when we can loose the kids and have always been impressed with it- very very good decision they really carry such a traditional theme off that you forget your in America.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My brother, Thai wife and I usually go to a Thai restaurant once during holidays. I had their Tuk Tuk meal, which was delicious. When asked why they named it "Tuk Tuk", the waitress responded that it sounded cool. They have the standard Thai dishes including Pad Thai, Tom Yum soup, etc. The atmosphere was nice. Clean. Friendly wait staff--especially if you can speak Thai!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I try to dine at Rabieng when we are in the vicinity, two or three times a year, although we had a lapse a few years back. The restaurant has been consistently excellent over the years.

W e tried some different fare. W has a spicy chicken dish and a seafood soup, both of which he enjoyed thoroughly. I had the duck breast in a somewhat spicy red basil sauce. The duck was fabulous...crispy skin, tender meat and very flavorful.

YUMMY!