“Fabulous Thai restaurant”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's a little more "down home" than its more famed cousin Duangrat's, which is just around the corner. It has wonderful appetizers and showcases a broad range of Thai regional specialties.

Service is very attentive. Ground floor is a little small and at peak hours you may be put on the second floor, which has a little bit the feeling of a "loft" add-on.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Food was great and tasty!! Quickly served. Our plates were clean! Highly recommend it if you like places that aren't where everyone goes but the food is worth it. Service was great!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

First off, this Thai place specializes in northern country Thai food. The items on the menu I have never heard of or seen elsewhere. It's intriguing and delicious. I love thir country beef jerky. Its like flash fried morsels of meat served with a sriacha type dipping sauce. You simply have to go. On weekends they offer a Thai version of dim sum, and that's good too. They are the sister restaurat to Duangrants and have a grocery store next door that I love to shop at.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Wow - this place was amazing. I simply can not wait to go back. Having spent some time in South East Asia, I feel the cuisine here is pretty authentic. They have dishes that aren't at most Thai restaurants in the area. It's a little tricky to find, but worth the hunt. I love the seafood here. Try the whole crispy rockfish. The nam sod is amazing and a must try. The talay thai is another tasty dish worth trying. The price point is good and worth every cent. Definitely check this place out.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

My wife and I love Thai food and Rabieng may be our favorite restaurant in the area. We used to live nearby and went often. We moved to a different area, but still eat here whenever we are in the area and sometime drive the 40 minutes just for the food. I have had a variety of their noodle dishes, curry dishes, and many of their appetizers. With the exception of their soups, which are good but not great, everything else is the standard bearer for Thai in the DC area. I guess the modest location and décor allow them to focus on great food. Run don't walk.

Negatives:
Service is hit or miss as the staff is small and the place gets crowded on weekends. We have never had a rude server - just slow on occasion. Also, I am not sure who is overly concerned with the wine list at a Thai restaurant, but this one is certainly not worth writing home about.