“Rules and long wait for food”

Pizzeria Uno Chicago Bar & Grill - Gatehouse Plaza
Ranked #80 of 365 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Conroe, Texas
“Rules and long wait for food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

First I had wanted to get a bowl of soup as a side with my burger lunch. Was told I could not combine it with any of the lunch specials (the lunch specials all had sliders, not actual burgers) as sandwich options. Nor could I get one bowl of soup as a side for $2.99 or whatever the price was, like a salad. The waiter had originally told me that might be possible but needed to check. Came back and said it wasn't allowed. Ok. So no soup.

Then we had to wait over 20 minutes for the burger and one personal cheese & tomato pizza. The place was busy but only about half full. Not sure what the wait was, but I will probably pass this place up next time as there are many other options nearby. The burger and pizza were very good though, and the waiter was nice. But it was aggravating that due to their "policies" I couldn't get a soup unless I wanted to pay full price...and that the food took so long to get there.

• Visited April 2013

Guttenberg, New Jersey
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ended up eating here due to the extremely long wait at Sweetwater Tavern next door. I was pleasantly surprised, though. Service was excellent, the menu selections had been expanded since I last went to Uno's, and they had a new ordering system at each table.
The new ordering system was a touch-screen device that allowed you to order appetizers & desserts without the assistance of the waiter/waitress. You could also browse the news, play games, etc on it while waiting for your food. Lastly, it allowed you to pay your check via credit card without having to bother or wait for your waiter/waitress to come by your table! An outstanding innovation for the restaurant industry.

Visited April 2013
Burke, Virginia
“Nice place and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I like this place. The food is good and the staff is good. It can be a bit loud but so... They also make really good drinks.

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC
“High-end technology, low-end service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Whenever the weather dips to the cooler side we head to Uno's from our office to belly up on hot soup. Our visit yesterday was interesting. We were pleasantly surprised by the new gizmo at every table. The wireless ordering tablet with pre-loaded games looked nifty and high-tech. You can use it to pay the check, call your server and print your receipt, apart from entertaining yourself with some games while waiting for your food. I agree with all the concepts. However, the tablet did not work to its potential and ended up delaying the process instead of expediting it. The tablet was not the only reason for delay. Our server (at the bar) forgot some of our requests. So, overall not a pleasant experience.

• Visited September 2012
Henderson, North Carolina
“Hungry and not happy.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had to go to the DC area for a few days and were looking for somewhere to eat. Tired and not wanting to look very long we chose this place. I got BAKED STUFFED
Chicken breast filled with feta, mozzarella, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, garlic and basil. With two sides. (this signature item takes a few extra minutes . . . but well worth the wait.)this is from the menu. I was looking forward to this from the description. When I got it, the chicken was dry and not a lot of flavor. The service was average and I will steer clear if I am around another. My GF got CHICKEN & BROCCOLI ALFREDO which was a fairly good dish. Overpriced for what you get.

• Visited September 2012