“Off the charts wonderful Chineese fod.”
Review of Peking Gourmet Inn

Peking Gourmet Inn
Ranked #1 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Don't be fooled by the exterior...this place is top notch. I have eaten here a dozen times. The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is great. Wait times can get lengthy, but worth the wait.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Did Peking Gourmet change hands? I have been dining at Perking Gourment since the early 80"s. The food over the last year has diffently changed in quality and taste. It's now bland and greasy. I am surprise as this was the best chinese food in the area back in the day. A rumor has circled that the resturant was sold. I wonder if this can be confirmed. I will not go back and am sad because I LOVED there food in years past. It's like losing a great friend.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

We've been fans of this restaurant for years, for a reason -- it never fails. Peking duck is among the best we've had anywhere in the world. But other dishes are also excellent:, including Szechuan beef proper (crispy strips of beef in a sweet and spricy sauce), garlic chicken, Peking Gourmet chicken (recently improved), Szechian cabbage, and hot and sour soup made without pork. Service is friendly and efficient. It's not inexpensive. But we always look forward to going.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

My friend and I went to Peking Gourmet in the early evening. The food and service were fine until the waiter clumsily tipped over a piping hot tea cup that spilled all over the table and immediately spilled down into his pants; groin area. He was in a lot of pain as the tea was recently poured so piping hot. The only thing the waiter could do was to provide him with hand towels to wipe himself. My friend had to go the restroom twice because he was so uncomfortable in addition to the big brown spot on his pants that the tea had caused. The waiter apologized. We request to speak to the manager/owner. The manager/owner came over and simply apologize and walked away WITHOUT offering to take care of dry cleaning the pants or anything else. We paid full price on the bill and left. This is one of our WORST experience we have ever encountered. The owner is so cheap that he chose not to compensate for the pain and suffering (literally) that the restaurant has caused to my friend. While the food is good, the is simply the WORST customer service we have ever encountered ANYWHERE....

2  Thank siraseranant
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I too went there based upon a rating in a popular restaurant book. Can not beleive they gave it such a high rating. Ordered the duck. Although the tableside carving of the bird was interesting the resultant meat was dry and tasteless. Also orded a noodle dish athat was not servend until 30 minutes after the duck arrived. It was horrible too. The bill for two coctails, the duck and a noodle dish came to abolut $100. You can get way more for your money elsewhere. Never again for us.