“I love this place!”

Ranked #32 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was introduced to Panjshir II in Vienna in 1997. It's terrific. Then I found Panjshir in Falls Church. It never disappoints. The service is always friendly and efficient, the food wonderful. I never feel rushed. I've been taking people there for 15 years. My aunt and uncle still talk about it. No one I've been with has ever had a dish they did not like. I normally get the Kabob E Murgh (chicken breast kabob with rice) and have a bit leftover to take home and enjoy the next day. It's one of my favorite restaurants.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Located in a small strip old shopping area. You might miss it if you are not familiar with the neighborhood in Falls Church, Va. Parking in the back is not a pleasant way to enter the restaurant. The pumpkin dishes are wonderful. The flavors of the food are wonderfully seasoned with Afghan seasonings. I used to go to the one in Vienna, but it closed.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Overall, it was good...but we all seemed to love some and other dishes were eh. It is a small place right on the main street with parking in the rear so we came through the back entrance - they should force everyone to go around front because that view was not the way to build up an appetite.
Salad had a unique dressing but it was gone in literally a few bites...they seem to be using a bowl meant for a wine cork, not a salad. The soup with various veggies was so full of flavorful spices but done so perfectly that even the kids enjoyed it.
Wine was good and they had options for bottles in the mid 20 range which was nice. Beef kabob was so incredibly tough we had to cut it up to digest it...however, we did so because the taste was very good. Not sure if poor quality meat or poorly cooked? The Lamb that was cooked in another dish was fall apart tender and came with pumpkin that was not misuse up as often is...we all thoroughly enjoyed that dish. The baked apple thing with nuts and other items cooked in...odd tasting, but might have been better if I didn't see it swimming in oil.
For what it was, and especially compared to many other options in the area, it was also a bit overpriced. The local kabob places sell the same for half the price and you can actually chew the meat.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have tried several Afghan restaurants in the area and this one is the best by far. The owner oversees everything.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We discovered this ethnic place thanks to a LivingSocial deal, which made the price on average with any other local sit-down. The kabobs were excellent, as was the Afghan version of meat ravioli (They probably would have no idea to what I am referring). I'm not sure we'd return without a coupon, but it's definitely better than other Afghan places in the D.C. area which we have tried. Their success: this is only a restaurant, and not also a nightclub or hooka bar.