“Best Thai in DC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Duangrats

Duangrats
Ranked #15 of 364 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Falls Church, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai in DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Easily some of the best Thai food I've ever had. Go with the specials, always something new to try!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michael R

Northern Virginia
“A welcome change for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have a close to us dependable Thai restaurant that we usually go to but recently it was crowded so we ventured over to Duangrats. We hadn't been there in ages but we really wanted Thai food. We're glad we did. It was a weeknight so there was not much of a crowd to deal with and the service was fine. Both dishes we ordered were fresh and tasty. Chicken Pad Thai for my wife and the Crispy Noodle Combo for me.

We're not sure Duantrats will become our go to Thai restaurant but we're certainly going to be back. It's a bit nicer décor than our regular place so it would be a nice place to take visiting family and friends.

• Visited December 2013
Loveland, Colorado
“Needs to work hard to stay no 1”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Normally don't do 2 reviews in a row, but wanted to do a slight downgrade. Great Monday night meal but the satay was underdone and a shrimp I. The Tom Yum was a little off. Overall I would still say this is one not to miss, but they need to keep on too of their game. Great spicy beef salad and green curry this time. Added some photos.

Washington, DC
“Fine but not my favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

In the battle between Duangrats and Rabieng (around the corner), I've generally favored Rabieng. But I went to Duangrats for the first time in a while for a group dinner. We had a broad selection of appetizers, and they were uniformly very good. Someone asked for spicy, and those dishes had a good kick to them. My main course was quail, and it was a disappointment. Overcooked and without much taste, the accompanying sauce did not save the dish. I've eaten a lot of quail in Asian restaurants, and this was toward the bottom of the list. Everyone else seemed happy with their food, and only the quail kept the rating down to three stars. There's no reason not to eat here, only a reason not to order quail.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jxx9595
Loveland, Colorado
“BEST THAI IN DC AREA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I just finished a Raaga review, the Indian restaurant next door which is pretty good. However, this really is the best Thai in the whole DC area. I have tried almost every one, a bunch in DC, lots in the Alexandrian and Arlington area, and this is, hands down, the best. People told me that when I moved here 14 years ago, and they are right. There are lots of great lunch deals if you go for that, especially the Ching Mai chili pork - wow! However, I have a bad habit of eating all my favorites at all the restaurants. Tom Yum Goon, spicy beef salad (or with the seafood), green curry chicken, and of course satay. All very very very good here. It really is the best in DC, the only better I have had is the Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas which really sets the bar quite high. And you get white tablecloths at lunch and great service.

Visited October 2013