“Hall of Fame in MY book!”
Review of Flavors - CLOSED

Flavors
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Hall of Fame in MY book!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you have a craving for soul food, this is the place for you!! We were greeted with a warm welcome from the moment we walked in, from the fried air slapping you in the face (causing you to salivate a little) to the hellos and smiles of the staff! Everything is made to order so we sat at a table and talked while our clothes were infused with the lovely scents of soul food. I ordered the pulled pork with mac n' cheese, collard greens and corn bread and my friend ordered the fried chicken and yams. After about a 15 minute wait, we picked up our food at the counter and the feast began! Once the food hits your palate, there's simply no going back! The flavors are so amazing and rich that you can't help but to sigh and say "HMMM". EVERYTHING I ate was EXCELLENT!! I will definitely be back!

I only have one con:
I wish there were more Flavors locations throughout our area!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank KayaBarcelona

“Fresh ingedients make the best food!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Has it been ten years how many orders of greens have I had (don't have any idea) my favorite Red Beans pulled pork collards and Corn Bread with iced tea and a nap.
Bailey's cross Roads is truly blessed for the arrival of the Helton Family and their love of serving good food. Thank You all !

• Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We make it a point to eat at Flavors whenever we visit the DC area. True, you wouldn't think to look at it, but this place has some of the best cooking (soul food) on Earth. We always laugh while we're there, because no one in the place is ever talking. All you can hear is yum-yum-nummy sounds coming from all the diners!

I'm not even going to make any recommendations because every single item on their menu is a delicacy. The southern fried chicken, mac&cheese and corn bread will cross your eyes-- they're that good. We usually order a little of everything for our table of 4-8 people, and then we share. But order whatever appeals to you, and I'm sure you will be more than satisfied.

There's no atmosphere to speak of; you order and pick up at the counter. It is hot, fresh, fast and delicious home cooking. What more could you want? Family-owned and operated, the prices are fair and portions generous.

Don't ever close, Flavors!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank evangeline57
Columbus, Ohio
“The best soul food in DC area!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Visited Flavors Soul Food Restaurant on our DC Spring break vacation last week.
The food and service was wonderful. The macaroni and cheese is OMG terrific, along with the collard greens and cabbage. The only thing I could possibly complain about is trying to find them. The restaurant sits back off of the street shaded by lots of trees so it's easy to miss and pass the restaurant; they could use a curb sign. They are approx. 15 minutes from Old Town Alexandria King Street area and about a mile away from T. C. Williams High School (Remember the Titans).

If you are making a trip to the DC area, do yourself a favor and stop at Flavors. You'll be glad you did!

• Visited April 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Down home atmosphere with large portions of soul food!