“Delicious Fritter and Rice Pudding”

Haandi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very good Indian buffet. The service was exceptional. I loved the fritters here and the rice pudding was some of the best I've ever had.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Many (> 10) years ago, I remember this as being quite a nice place. But the last two times I visited have been a disappointment. Recently we were a group of seven. Ordered samosas, and a number of different curries. The paneer was quite good. But the Rogan Josh, eggplant and chicken tekka masala were just swimming in a thick cream sauce with very little flavor. The tekka masala sause tasted like tomato sauce out of a can. And I would say that 70%+ of all of these dishes were just that cream/yogurt sauce. Service was just OK but the server several times just reached across the front of someone to re-fill the neighbor’s water glass while the neighbor was eating. Don’t think we are going back again.

I'm going to rate it average, but I feel it was kind of between "Poor" and "Average"

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Well, when my three local friends told me to go to an Indian restaurant in US I had some doubts, since US is good for Japanese, Fusion, maybe even Vietnamese, but I never heard about a good Indian.
So, now I know one!
Haandi was a real great surprise to me. We got a mix of food for everyone to taste everything, including lentils, chicken tikka, curry lamb and other great food.
Honestly I believe the food was at the level of the best place I've been in London, slightly less spiced, but really good.
Only thing I did not like too much was the pistachio sorbet, but that was my personal taste.
Only other small issue is that your dresses will smell a bit, so better to leave the coat in your car

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Love going to Haandi. The service is great, the food is even better. I had been going there for dinner and getting take out for years.

But I just discovered their lunch buffet. Went there for work with about 6 people. They had a good selection of vegetarian, chicken and lamb dishes so everyone was happy. It was reasonable priced so it's a great deal on amazing food. Still great service, they keep our water and drink glasses filled, and refilled the buffet with fresh hot food several times while we were there. Yum, Yum Yum.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Every visit we make to Northern Virginia we make a point of dining at Haandi. The food is authentic and best in the area. In fact, I have only been to one Indian restaurant that I consider comparable and that was in San Francisco. Aside from the wonderful selection of foods, Rajiv and his staff will provide you with impeccable service. Don't let a visit to the DC Metro area go by without stopping in at Haandi. You will be in for a real culinary treat. Tell Rajiv i sent you and he will "hook you up"!