“Authentic Taste of India in Northern Virginia”

Haandi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 368 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Modest restaurant in a strip mall, Haandi is the real deal to this Indian food lover. The chef knows exactly what to do to transport the diner to New Delhi. We shared a couple of different special breads, mango chutney, a delicious gosht patiala lamb curry and a mixed tandoori grill, over complimentary generous portion of basmati rice. Not overwhelmingly spiced, balanced tastes, sauces, just right. The best Indian food I have ever had in America. Good service and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Mark W
There are newer reviews for Haandi Indian Restaurant

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My first visit, with friends who live in the area, was a great discovery. This buffet is beautifully done--everything is piping hot, extremely flavorful and homemade. And the price is very fair. Go hungry and make it your main meal of the day--you won't regret it! Great for a celebration with a group of friends or colleagues.

2  Thank Mary W
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went there last night with my family, it's a small place, you notice as you enter how clean it is, and no usual curry smell.
Service was very friendly and fast, we shared appetizers and main dishes, i can say in all confidence that all of them where very tasty, some more spicy than others.
I ordered a glass of white wine, it was not to my taste, the manager noticed that i did not drink it so immediately he replaced with white wine from India and that was great. He did not charge me for either wines.
The bill was very moderate even i can say it was cheap compared to the quantity of food we ordered.
If you are in this part of the world, go have dinner there you will not regret it.

1  Thank Sobhi E
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The good
------------
Average restaurant with limited options for a lunch buffet. Ambiance, location are fine.
Whatever was cooked tasted fresh. Limited options for vegetarians.

Price: Around 13 bucks for the lunch buffet on a weekday, seemed a little bit expensive for the limited variety served.

The bad
-------------
We were a group of 14 people, we booked for 10 people though, we had 4 more to accompany us at the last moment. So we had to sit in tables arranged for 10 people by being cramped. When we requested for another table to be added, the server mumbled something and complained that we booked for only 10 people and he cannot add another table. A little bit of adjustment could have eased this situation. It was not as if we were eating free. We were paying for the food and moreover it was more business for these guys.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

So I have eaten there and got take out more than 12 times over the years. I stopped going and ordering take out after they gave me someone else's food. I did not realize it until I was home and it was to late. My call to the management was unsatisfactory and the food the other person's was awful)- so that was then and this is now- the lady on the phone talked to me pleasantly and made suggestions- the food was good- everything I ordered was there- so Haandi's back in the saddle again

1  Thank surferboyVA