“Not Impressed”

Sweetwater Tavern
Ranked #2 of 371 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Description: American casual restaurant with a micro brewery serving western inspired food in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We came here with family for lunch. I was disappointed in the menu. Nothing really exciting, very plain chain food. For such a large restaurant, I thought there would be a bigger selection. I had the roasted chicken salad. It wasn't even cold and didn't get that much of it. It is a big open restaurant which is nice, but I thought the menu was really lacking.

The entrees were rather pricey too. I was happy with the service.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Second time here in a week and the food and service is spot on. Me and a few of my friends sat at the bar to catch the game and the atmosphere was excellent. Even the patrons barside were very friendly and social. I would highly recommend Sweetwaters. I wish we had a restauraunt like this in my state. Excellent job, keep up the good work.

1  Thank MDBey
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Consistently good. They have good salads and sandwiches. Service is good. There is an outside seating area for nice days. There are many booths inside. Call ahead at lunch time, since it gets very busy.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

It's part of a chain of restaurants but the food is consistently good and the service is also very good. The prices are right in the average range of what you would expect and the food is well-presented. You really cannot pick a bad choice on the menu. It's a good place to socialize and have a nice sit down meal for either lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were regulars here, back in the day. The only thing stiil good is the service. For the mostpart, anyway. I had an unfortunate interaction with a floor manager named Orson Williams after lunch on a weekday. While our server was clearing the table, he asked if evrything was OK, to which I replied the crabcakes my wife had were terrible. He apologized, and is typical when given that kind of feedback, sends a floor manager to the table. When told that the crabcakes my wife had were WAY too salty, Mr. Williams replied "that's because they're cooked on the flat top". Seriously? Because of the way they're cooked? It couldn't be because they were over-seasoned BEFORE they were cooked? His response was so unexpected, I left it at that. Maybe he thought I was stupid. A violation of rule number 1 in customer service. Although to his credit, Mr. Williams did try to call me after I slammed him via a contact form on their website. I did not return his calls. Eventually, his boss Tom Rush e-mailed an offer to talk, so I did call him. A useless conversation until he offered what Mr. Williams should have offered, a $100 gift certificate. Which we still haven't used. There are plenty of other restaurants in this chain (GAR) to use it at. Which is a shame, as this location used to be our favorite. Personally, I'd advise sticking with the hamburgers and fries. And the beer is WAY too cold. Good, but too cold.

1  Thank KonaMark