“Try the dulet”

Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Seminary rd
Description: Looking to taste unique food in the Falls Church area? Our extensive menu features authentic meat and vegetarian Ethiopian dishes that are carefully seasoned and prepared for optimal enjoyment. Ethiopian cuisine is based on an exotic blend of spices both robust and subtle. A part of each entree is the traditional bread called injera. Entrees are eaten by breaking off a small piece of injera, placing it on the stew of your choice, and pinching your fingers together to pick up the amount of food you desire. Come by today for a taste of Ethiopia in Virginia!
Lorton, Virginia, United States
“Try the dulet”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Having seen the nearby Abbay Market on No Reservations and Andrew Zimmern's experience with a plate of dulet on Bizarre Foods, I figured I should avail myself to the Ethiopian food in the area. Glad I did!

I've been here 4 or 5 times now, including twice with my wife. She can't stomach spicy foods, but says the tibs are great and they dialed back the spice level just right. I tend to eat on the adventurous side, and I've had the tere sige (raw beef chunks marinated in spices) lightly cooked and their version of dulet, also lightly cooked.

Not sure where they buy their meats but they must buy humungous portions because that's what they serve! Each order comes to the table on a pizza pan sized round tray, and a couple rounds of injera are always included.

Having sat here to type this up, I think I'll go get some dulet right now!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Mike A
Samuel A, Owner at Skyline Ethiopian Restaurant, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
I'm very happy to hear that you love the dulet, Mike! It's certainly one of our specialties. And I'm glad to hear that your wife enjoys the tibbs! I know it's been a while since you wrote this review but I do hope you visit us again soon!

Samuel A

Ashburn, Va
“Too smoky!”
Reviewed April 16, 2007

To be honest, we didn't eat here. My mother and I were meeting my husband and the smell of stale cigarette smoke was really strong. None of the patrons were currently smoking but it smelled like a dingy bar or pool hall! It'sa small restaurant so there was no escaping it. We read over a menu while we waited and the menu looked good, definitely authentic, many photos. But we could only stand it a few minutes before we had to go outside for fresh air.

4 Thank Jen827
Samuel A, Owner at Skyline Ethiopian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 21, 2014
I'm sorry to hear you couldn't partake in any of our delicious food, Jen. I know it's been a while since you wrote this review, but I hope you'll come back again sometime soon to give us another shot. I can assure you that smoking is not and has never been tolerated in our restaurant.

Best wishes,