“Yummy Indian food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Yummy Indian food!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Raaga, located in Falls Church near Bailey's Crossroads, is a charming Indian restaurant that serves a nice variety of chicken, lamb, seafood, and veggie dishes that make it worth the 15 min drive from my home.
The service is excellent. I never had an empty water glass, and when my friend sent back the Nan for being burnt it was whisked away and a fresh order was quickly brought to the table.
Try the Palak Chat its fried spinach with a delicious sauce. It is crispy and the taste and texture reminded me of potato chips (although a fork is recommended)
The Chicken Tikka Masala exceeded expectations. If this is your first experience at an Indian restaurant and you are hesitant about ordering a curry I suggest this dish. The Nan was tasty and freshly prepared. My friend prefers the Lachha Paratha over the standard Nan (but I can't tell the difference).
The desserts are not worth mentioning.

wash dc
“Peaceful atmosphere and delicious food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've driven by Raaga for years and never noticed it but thanks to a Restaurant.com coupon we tried it for a weeknight dinner. It has a lovely atmosphere and unobtrusive but attentive service. The butter chicken was melt-in-your-mouth and the lamb was tender and had complex flavors. I'd like to see more veggies and less rice with the entrees but they do have many vegetarian options. We'll definitely come back.

Falls Church, Virginia
“A great find!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'm not sure what was here previously, but on a whim my wife and I decided to check this place out. We were both craving Indian food and stopped by for dinner this past weekend. The interior was well done with new carpeting and ample seating. Service was on point and very responsive. We ordered the tandoori wings for appetizers. Granted, two of the wings were not fully cooked, but they promptly replaced them with a new order. The wings were extremely flavorful and we were excited for our entrees. We ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala (aka Butter Chicken) and the Rogan Josh - and neither disappointed. This was simply the best Indian food I've had in a long while. The Roti was freshly baked and complemented the meal perfectly. We even ordered Chicken Biryani to go for lunch the next day. We are definitely going back!

Hume, Virginia
“Great Indian food in a pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We go here once a month or so, and the food is always very good. Service is good, prices are reasonable. Some dishes are a bit oily, but it's that fat that tastes so good, isn't it? I like the atmosphere better than most Indian places I've been, it just seems more professional, airy, and light.

Visited October 2012
Virginia
“The best Indian food in the metro DC area!!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have dined here for years and the service and the food continue to be excellent every time. The portions are big and the atmosphere is perfect. This is an excellent restaurant for vegetarians, too. They have many options and the waiters are happy to explain the dishes. This is a great place for an anniversary or birthday dinner or any special occasion. You'll want to take home a gallon of their tikka masala sauce, but, alas, it is not available!!

• Visited November 2012