“A Great Thanksgiving Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 2941 Restaurant

2941 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
2941 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 364 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-495 & Route 50
Description: 2941 is one of the most celebrated restaurants in the metropolitan area. The restaurant is nestled in the heart of Falls Church, VA surrounded by lush landscaping, koi ponds, waterfalls, world-class artwork, and a lakeside view. Following its transition from a special occasion fine dining venue to a bustling upscale casual dining experience in 2012, award-winning Executive Chef Bertrand Chemel and Pastry Chef Caitlin Dysart infuse sweet and savory perfection into their contemporary American cuisine accented with bold French and Mediterranean flavors. Named by Washingtonian Magazine in 2014 as a 100 Very Best Restaurant, Northern Virginia Magazine in 2013 as one of the Top 50 Best Restaurants, and by Eater DC as a 38 Essential Washington Restaurant, to name a few accolades, 2941 continues to charm gourmands with its sophisticated yet relaxed ambiance, outstanding service, and inventive cuisine. | 2941 also has a Sister Restaurant Pizzeria Orso that serves award winning brick oven pizza, also located in Falls Church.
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Great Thanksgiving Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

None of us had the energy to cook the turkey this year. Neither did we want to bear the burden of going to an overbooked restaurant where the quality of the food and service were sacrificed to the volume of the holidays. So we picked 2941. They did a superb job. In additional to the traditional turkey, they offered a wide range of appetizers, entrees and desserts on their fixed price menu. The food was superb. The service was excellent - we were not rushed. There were nine of us and they gave us a round table in a quiet corner.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Thanksgiving Dinner, stress free & superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I took my parents to 2941 for Thanksgiving this year - our first ever dining out on the holiday. Reservations filled up quickly, so make them we'll in advance. Our waiter was delightful and made us feel comfortable and welcome.
The 3 course meal had several varied options, all with appetizer & dessert. I opted for the lobster bisque (fantastic), traditional turkey dinner and citrus tart. Everything was in larger than normal portions and done to perfection! I even had turkey leftovers to bring home.
A highly recommended option for anyone looking for a lovely decor, great view and delicious food!

Sterling, Virginia
“A new T'giving memory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I found ourselves looking for a restaurant for the two of us for Thanksgiving this year. 2941 was a wonderful experience, a new, fond Thanksgiving memory. The special occasion gave us a reason to visit this beautiful restaurant during the day so we could appreciate the beautiful setting and enjoy views of the grounds and lake. The valet and host staffs were both friendly and efficient. We were seated in a bright atrium, were she could view the lake and I could enjoy outdoor reflections in the cleverly set high mirrors. We enjoyed a relatively complex sangria (it was the afternoon), then dove into our choices from the prix fixe menu. Our appetizers of crab cake and tuna tartare were perfectly prepared and plated. Both employed subtle but appropriate seasonings. Both my wife and I selected the Chilean sea bass entree and were very pleased. This was among the best fish preparations I've ever had in a restaurant because the chef found a way to infuse a delicate salt and ginger emulsion while still allowing the rich fish taste to shine through; truly delicious and unique. Our deserts were delightful, complex and not too sweet. The service, especially our server Jessica, was excellent, very attentive and happy, allowing us to have a great day while not waiting for a moment. The only thing preventing me from giving this restaurant 5 points is that it is expensive; I would have expected to pay about 20% less than what we paid (and this is not just because of the included gratuity), so we'll have to limit our visits to special occasions. However, we are really looking forward to the next chance to visit.

Washington, DC
“Sorry to have to post this...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am sorry to post this update to my last review. My wife and celebrated our Anniversary here last Friday night and something was amiss in the kitchen. We will give 2941 another chance but this might not portend good things.

Cutting to the chase - my wife had the beet salad and the steamed sea bass. Both dishes we ok but completely devoid of the usual fine presentation associated with this restaurant. The beet salad was quartered beets topped with greens - just normal salad greens. The sea bass looked sad but tasted "good", not great. The skin on top was not crisped, and the filet had not been cut in a way to emphasize the plate. It was just a piece of fish. The only way to say it is that both dishes were crudely plated - zero finesse.

I ordered the white truffle served with ravioli as they were advertised on 2941's Facebook. It was a sad presentation for $35. With truffles, usually the pasta is served and the the waiter then carefully shaves the fresh truffle onto the pasta. In this case the plate came out with the truffles and they were pallid and wilted (sautéed?), and the truffle portioning was meager. Way to ruin what should one of the grandest dishes served in a fine dining establishment.

I ordered the venison loin crusted with nuts. The meat was cooked perfectly. The "un"crust turned out to be Pommery mustard sprinkled with nuts. It had not been crisped. And the dish was overpowered by the crude use of mustard. I could add that the dish was not plated well but I have already lambasted their effort.

Dessert was nowhere near the spectacular product of the past. We had a chocolate canale. Nothing to write home about.

I should point out the positives. The service was excellent. The room is gorgeous and we had a very nice bottle of Paillard Champagne.

I hope a next visit shows the restaurant better or it will be my last visit.

3 Thank FunInMD
Porto Alegre, RS
“Don't waste your time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Think, re-think and think again before facing the long trip from Washington DC to Falls Church to dine at 2941. While at a first glance it can seem attractive, as you cross the small fish-crowded lake placing in front of the restaurant, hearing the scenic and picturesque waterfall banging over the stones, it will disappoint you right after the first step onto the main dining room. View from the inside, 2941 reminds that kind of aseptic convention center dining room: no character, no attitude at all. Staff is friendly, perhaps a little bit intrusive, and food is not remarkable. As a handful of other good restaurants are waiting for you at DC area, save time and celebrate your party in Washington.

• 1 of 5 bubbles