“Watch what you order!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #216 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Went with friends to the Falls Church VA Applebees a couple of weeks ago. I have eaten there before and it is not bad. However, my recent experience left me with a bad taste. Like a fool, I ordered a steak (I should know better than to order a steak in any place other than a steak house.) I ordered the 12oz rib eye. My friend ordered a 7oz sirloin. When the steak arrived I swear it was not any bigger than the sirloin. Besides that it was razor thin, and cooked well done (I ordered medium.) I asked the waiter if he thought my steak was bigger...he hummmed and called the manager. The manager came over shortly after... I explained my concern. He said that was the standard 12 oz rib eye.... and was pretty adamant about it...not a very friendly guy at all. I shrugged my shoulders, ate what I could, paid the bill and left. The morale of the story.... don't order a steak at Applebees, especially the 12oz rib eye, and expect to get much more than a thin slice of beef. And don't ask the manager there for anything---he is a customer unfriendly guy.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Visited this great little restaurant and ate one of the special meals that was on their menu for us Veterans. The place was packed with vets and regulars but the staff did an excellent job getting us all seated (sometimes together). I ordered the ribs and all at our table got there order in good time. Those eating off the free meal were treated the same as the paying customers. All came out hot and in a timely manner. For they way they treated me I was always support this fine restaurant chain where I found does not taste like chain restaurant food.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The only good thing is that it's cheap. But even for a cheap place, the food quality is terrible. We ordered a spinach and artichoke dip and the chips were so oily that we could barely eat. Then my ribs were the worst ribs I've ever had. The service is not bad, the guy who served us was very helpful. The ambience just don't look right, and it even looks dirty. In a summary if you have 25 bucks and want to eat bad food just go to McDonald's, your money will be better spent in there.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

I felt bad since my friend took me for my birthday to eat out. The meal was substandard... service was poor... the service could barely be understood (English)... my meal (Shrimp and Chicken was so overcooked and greasy I only ate what looked safe... my friends steak was burned beyond recognition. My first and last time eating at Applebees if this location is anything like the rest...

Reviewed September 12, 2009

At first we were glad to have a chain sitdown restaurant nearby in Falls Church when it opened several years ago. So we thought it would be nice to have your standard American-type restaurant a couple miles away.

Things have gone down hill, however, and now our kids, who will happily eat pretty much anywhere, scorn the idea of eating at Applebee's. There is no need to go into extended details on this: bad food, lack of cleanliness, and spectacularly poor service. What more is there to say?