“Bad cooking”

Ranked #83 of 368 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Argentinean
“Bad cooking”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Three family customers order three different dishes that should have to be prepared correctly, but
the three found that the chicken and tongue were boiled in water and then served with the same
sauce that they pour all over it was not cooked like a separed dish at all, not happy for the inflated
check since we did not eat at all and the famous sangria was over priced!!! I don't recommend this
restaurant,to make it worst they did not refill the water and the busboy was removing the plates
with food before we finish bad,bad service!!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Sergio K

Washington DC
“Good good is worth the wait”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I went to Victors a week or so ago with a large group, about 8 of us. Arriving I did not expect much because the red truant is located in a small strip mall. Parking was the first thing I noticed because the lot was full. However I found a spot and when inside found the place a hive of activity. The place was jammed packed, people were all waiting to be seated, and more were coming in by the minute. No one seemed to mind or complain about having to wait, apparently these were veteran eaters at Victors and knew the drill. It was maybe 10 minutes and our large group was seated and menus in our hands, drinks being ordered, etc. The atmosphere was great with the music played by the Spanish guitarist, however when they weren't playing the music piped through the restaurant seemed to lean more toward a 70's, early 80''s type, but whatever the atmosphere was still lively with plates piled high full of meat coming from all directions to the tables surrounding us.
When we ordered all of our food came rather timely, and including the appetizers and desserts everything was great. The portions were large and I'm sure everyone ended up with a to go container because they could not eat it all.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience, and if I am ever in the area again I'll stop in for a meal.

Just a note: I did see a Trip Advisor sticker on the door so the place must be recommended on this site often. Stop in and find out for yourself why.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank deadeyedhooker
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Needs improvement!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Portions are generous but I prefer to have quality rather than quantity. We order a parrillada and it was bad. The meat was dry as if the wrong type of salt was used which made the meat even tougher. If you are expecting steaks Argentinean style, this is not the place to visit. Very disappointed...

• Visited December 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Unusual little find”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I tripped over this restaurant just prior to Memorial Day weekend.

Technically Victor's Grill Churrasqueria.

It seems to cater to the local Bolivian and/or Argentinian population, and offered dishes that were more traditional to the countries than what you'd call purely American cuisine. Any place with Fried Plantains and Yucca listed in the side dishes, Dorothy? you're not in Kansas anymore, babes!

The feel of the place is old-school restaurant - red vinyl table cloths, kind of rickety tables and booths, a large central room, small bar on the side... and enough English spoken to be able to converse about meals. Families, a party, couples... it wasn't crowded, but had several tables going.

I had the Churrasco Argentino - a New York Strip covered in Onions...my wife had the Bife Argentino - a grilled Tenderloin. Various sides including cheesy rice, salad, etc.

Ok, here's the interesting thing, presentation? Maybe 3 on a 1 to 5 scale. Taste? 5 all the way. We were amazed how good the food was. The beef was cooked well, and perfect, and flavorful. The sides were not stellar, but the mains more than made up for it.

So if you're looking for a little something different than the chains... I recommend Victors.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank blitzin
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Crowded, loud, but tasty”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went there, on a Sunday, for a birthday celebration. It was insanely packed and they definitely want to try and fit as many tables as possible into this location because it was quite cramped.

The live music was extremely loud to the point of being unable to normally converse.

Food was good tasting, and you get a LOT of it, but it about $3 - $5 more per entree than I thought it was worth.

Not a bad place because again, the food was good, and it appears that the locals really enjoy it since it was as packed at the random hour we went.

• Visited April 2013