“Nice location with garage parking” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Falls Church
New Bern, North Carolina
“Nice location with garage parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while attending a wedding. The lodging was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were personable and friendly. The breakfast was good. We were very busy but did catch the metro to go into DC.The metro was a 15 to 20 minutes away depending how fast you walk. I will return to this property when visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I celebrated my birthday weekend at this property and it was absolutely wonderful. Each and every staff member was amazing (I loved TJ)! In the hospitality industry you expect politeness but the staff at the Hyatt house was genuinely warm. I had a seamless check-in and since I mentioned it was my b-day I had a lovely welcome gift with a card signed by the staff when I arrived. The property was immaculate; nothing was out of place. It was one of my best hotel stays and I will definitely visit again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My sister reserved a block of rooms at The Hyatt House Falls Church for a family celebration the weekend of 25 October, 2013. The hotel is midway between her home and the location of the events we were attending. As we'd all been to WA, DC a number of times, she didn't feel the need to book in The District; however, she wanted people to be close enough to the Metro should they wish to avail themselves of our nation's capital. Wow, she hit a grand slam home run with this hotel!

I was originally supposed to arrive around 9:00 pm but a glitch at the airport caused me to take a later flight and I didn't arrive at the hotel until midnight. But, when I walked in, I was greeted by Judy, the overnight manager. She couldn't have been more gracious, more lovely, or more accommodating! She knew that I should have arrived hours earlier, along with two other people I was to travel with (they made the earlier flight) and said she felt badly that I had missed my flight and asked if there was something she could get for me or do for me that would make my night end on a more pleasant note. She could have knocked me over with a feather! I went upstairs to drop my luggage and when I came back down to the lobby she had pulled out the menu of a restaurant that delivered very late. Very thoughtful! Instead I grabbed a beverage and some hummus from the refrigerator (the thought of ordering pizza at 12:30 am hadn't occurred to me since I was 23 years old!) and asked Judy to charge it to my room. She made a note of what I had and wished me a pleasant night.

Once upstairs, I took a few minutes to survey the space and now I am sorry I didn't take photos. The room was pristine! Clean, clean, clean. Beautifully appointed, just the right touches and so comfortable that it would make a great weekend retreat! The bed was perfect, the pillows were to die for. In fact, I should contact the hotel and ask where I can buy them! Crisp, pressed sheets, and no disgusting bedspread. A comfy sofa, great desk, free WiFi, spacious bathroom, excellent shower and loads of towels. Even a full kitchen with a full sized fridge/freezer. Pots, pans, cutlery, glassware, you name it, you would find it. I didn't need the kitchen but for a business traveler who is in a location for a week or more, it is perfect.

There were all sorts of nice touches that one does not think of but obviously, the folks at Hyatt did. Outlets in almost every table lamp; a separate, special reading light attached to one of the floor lamps (inspired and brilliant). A "power card" which activates the accessory power in the room so that you aren't wasting energy when you aren't in the room. Just pull the card up from it's slot and the lamps turn off.

The hotel has a large fitness room with plenty of windows and loads of daylight. There is an outdoor pool but as this was the end of October, it was closed. Breakfast is included at no additional charge and it rivals any $15.00 breakfast you would find in a restaurant. Muffins, bagels, danish, assorted breads, etc. Hot oatmeal (really good oatmeal, maybe Irish steel cut?), yogurt, fresh fruit, sliced cold meats, cheeses, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and I think I saw waffles. An omelette station, which everyone said was really good. Juices, coffee, and more (although how much more would anyone need?)

There is a section of the lobby dedicated to a miniature convenience store. A fridge with soft drinks, teas, juices, beer, and wine; salads, sandwiches, Sabra hummus snack cups and fruits. A freezer holds assorted dinners, ice cream, and snacks. Chips, candy bars, granola, and protein bars are also available. And a small section devoted to items you may have forgotten to bring with you. Dental floss, batteries, and other convenience items.

If you forget something like a toothbrush, or hand cream the hotel will provide it for you.

The location is excellent as well. The Mosaic District is brand new and definitely well worth checking out. Huge new Target, loads of great restaurants, some trendy shops (overpriced clothing and gifts) as well as some national chain stores like Anthropologie. A few coffee and tea places (also on the spendy side but there is huge difference between overpriced costume jewelry and overpriced coffee. Coffee you can and will avail yourself of, but a $40.00 bracelet made of plastic beads? Not so much!) You'll find a very cool Jumbo-tron is in the middle of the square and there are chairs and tables so that people can come by and watch movies and television. One night there was a movie, the next night was the World Series. Dozens of folks just sitting around, having a coffee or a beer, watching the game. Outside!

Hotel also has free parking, in room coffee, and so many other nice touches I can't even keep track.

The ONLY thing that prevents me from making this five stars is the water softener. I am not a fan of water softener and when it is absolutely necessary, it should be only in the hot water supply, not the cold. It is in both, which is kind of bad thing. You should be drinking chemically softened water. Not good for you; tastes funky. Other than that, I really found the entire experience to be excellent and will absolutely stay here again. In addition, if all of the new Hyatt House Hotels are like this, I'll be staying in those as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were meeting relatives in the Washington, D.C. area for a birthday celebration on September 29, 2013. We selected this hotel because of its' proximity to Tysons Corner and the general Washington area. What a surprise !!! The rooms were classically furnished with a kitchenette, comfortable sofa, chairs, desk, bathroom and bedding. Everything was kept clean during our 3 night stay. The entrance is thoroughly modern with clean lines, a helpful staff, and a decent self-serve breakfast. Free parking is just across from the drop-off entrance. Many boutique shops, theaters, as well as a large Target store, and several restaurants- all just outside the hotel within easy walking distance- making it a wonderful spot for shopping or dining or enjoying a movie. To top it off - the rates were extremely good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My dad needed a place to stay on a recent visit. I'd heard that the Hyatt House had some good rates. I have walked by the place a few times and it looks quite nice. It is pretty well brand new (as of Oct 2013). So we called and the rate was less than $80. Deal.

The hotel itself was super comfortable. Staff were friendly. The room was a nice size, stylishly outfitted. This hotel really fits in to the whole up scale vibe at the Mosaic center where its located. The breakfast buffet in the morning was quite nice too.

This is a great value if you are looking to save but not willing to compromise on style and comfort. Not sure how long they will keep these rates this low.

Location is pretty good too. You can walk about 10 minutes to the Dunn Loring metro station to take the train downtown. There is enough dining and shopping right in walking distance to while away a lazy Sunday morning. Check out the free yoga on the lawn Sunday mornings too.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Glass Alley. The Lee Hwy side can be pretty busy and loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jason B
Illinois City, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Free parking in a garage immediately across the lane is a huge plus. It is literally one right-turn and a long half-mile away from a metro station -- we drove each time with the family based on the distance and plenty of walking opportunities in DC! ($4.75 parking on weekdays and free on weekend). Note: the Metro is about $15 per person for an all-day pass, or about $10 per person for one round-trip from here to the National Mall if you buy tickets at the station.

The hotel is in an upscale outdoors shopping court with multiple specialty stores, an organic food store, a few regular food places (Noodles, Chipotle, Cold Stone Creamery...), and a Target store.

Really clean and modern hotel -- plenty has already been said about this by others -- but wow, the facility itself is nice for the price.

Improvements --
1.) Bring your own easy-to-rinse soap. As crazy as it sounds, their bar soap was bad news in combination with their water hardness and/or water pressure. It did NOT rinse off and it left a residue on our hands -- and good luck if you use it in the shower like one of us did (it took a LOT of rinsing and scrubbing to get rid of the residue). Even the floor and rubber mat in the tub was slippery from what we suspect was bar soap build-up.

2.) Surprisingly, their breakfast was a let-down for us, maybe we caught them on a bad day or maybe it was just a bad combination with our family. **Consider bringing some of your own options** Their omelet was great -- and made to order -- but their other hot options this day were scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs -- yes, two pans of scrambled eggs in addition to the omelets (if you like scrambled eggs this would have been a great day for you!) -- average potatoes, and good sausage links. We have a non-scrambled egg eater, so the hot options were a bad fit for us. Plan B was cereal, but the choices were sugary (bummer since the non-egg eater is also a healthy eater) -- Hyatt House definitely needs a couple of healthy options. Yogurt is healthy -- and we have yogurt eaters -- but their yogurt option was literally a big tub of plain yogurt with a serving spoon in front of it. If ANY vanilla flavoring was in the yogurt we could not tell -- please, just give us the individual yogurt cups with some type of flavor choices ANY day over this yogurt! A couple of us less-healthy eaters tried the donuts, which were the typical commercial variety in a free breakfast, but they were stale -- another bummer. So... as contradictory as this may be to the other reviews about breakfast at this place, our overall breakfast experience at the Hyatt House was far less than we expected -- and it was certainly not any better for our group than other similar hotels (good thing there were food places and a Target near by!)

Yes, we would come back because the cleanliness and convenience were fantastic, and now we know to bring our own soap and pack some preferred food options. As stated, this place is just a few adjustments away from perfect for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Norma L
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times while visiting Fairfax, Virginia on business. The proximity of the hotel to my place of business makes it very convenient but it is also a clean and very professionally appearing hotel. Nice decor and friendly front desk staff. Free Parking, Wi-Fi, and probably the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had. It is a little bit pricey though at $200/night (Wednesday night) but because my company paid for it, I can't really complain. There is also a service where you can borrow items that you may have wanted to bring on a trip but cant such as a sleep/sound machine, crib, board games, and several other dozen items that I cannot recall. Did not use this service but nice to know that it's available if I ever need it.

Room Tip: Because of newness of facility your GPS may not recognize the location so just be aware of that as y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The Westin Tysons Corner
#7 of 18 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 530 reviews
Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield

Been to Hyatt House Falls Church? Share your experiences!