“Food was BLAND but service was great”

City Diner Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 365 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Food was BLAND but service was great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went to City Diner for our first time to get dinner. He ordered the Texas burger and I got the chicken Slovakia. The burger had NO seasoning. They could at least add some salt and pepper to the meat. The fries were tasty. My chicken Slovakia was better than my husband's burger. The chicken had good flavor by itself, but the pita was not fluffy. It seemed like they toasted it for too long. We also tried the Matza ball soup and it was also tasteless. I don't recommend any of these dishes. Maybe the breakfast is better. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The decor is horrible. We won't be returning. I prefer Barnside diner, but we have only eaten breakfast there.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great Memories of New Jersey Diners in DC METRO area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Met some friends there for Breakfast last weekend and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very customer focused, the food was outstanding and the Coffee was great and plentiful. Price was very reasonable; I had a Broccoli omelet and it was the best!!! I went to High School in New Jersey and the atmosphere at CITY DINER greatly resembles that of a "Jersey-Diner". A great place to eat and serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank MCRAGS
Reading PA
“Excellent place we stumbled onto in VA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Went here for a quick breakfast with my family of 4. Breakfast was inexpensive, good, hot, and the wait staff was very helpful and also friendly. Great place to go, will go back again if I'm in the area.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank JPVenezia
Ocala, Florida
“Good Food - Huge Portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We looked up restaurants in our GPS and this diner came up right near where we were staying. Reminded us of the Greek Diners we grew up with in the northeast. I ordered the Spinach Pie with Greek Salad. Very, very good. My husband ordered a stack of three pancakes and a side order of very crispy bacon. The three pancakes were gigantic, light and fluffy. We could not believe the "side" order of bacon. Eight strips and delicious. I looked around to see what others had ordered and saw a large variety of different dishes being served. Everyone looked pleased, I know we were.

• Visited March 2012