Residence Inn by Marriott Fairfax Merrifield
Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park(Falls Church)(Great Value!)
$95
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$99
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$80
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard(Falls Church)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
ComfortInn
$131
$119
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$121
$94
  • Pool
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Governor House Inn(Falls Church)(Great Value!)
$95
$85
$90
Falls Church Inn(Falls Church)
$107
Oakwood Falls Church(Falls Church)
Hotels.com
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenbasketball courtunderground parkingsweetwater taverngallows roadfront deskstrip mallown bathroomdrug storeyogurtmosaic districtmetro stationdunn loringcoffee tablemovie theaterstove top
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It took us more than 30 minutes to check in. We didn't get the king bed that we have requested. When we got to the room, we were shocked of how smelly the room was. This was 10:00 pm at night. I called front desk to see if we could move to another room because the room smelled horrible. It was like a mixed of curry spices and wet shocks. The front desk lady told me she would check and call me back in 5 minutes, but she never did. I called back after 10 minutes and she said she was busy. She said she will give me a call back in 30 minutes. At this point, I was exhausted and frustrated. I just wanted to go to sleep. I told her to let me know so I could find another hotel to stay if she's not able to find another room for me. She ended up moving us to handicapped room. The heater was super noisy, but at least we were able to breath. Neither one of us got much sleep that night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angie L
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Angie L,

I have reviewed your online survey and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Fairfax Merrifield.

I am addressing your comments with my management team and employees so we can correct the situations you described. It is not the type of service we strive to provide, and we do our very best to make sure every guest leaves happy and satisfied with our services.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I only hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true high standards in the future.

Best regards,

Matt James

Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you're having to spend any time in the room watching television or if you'd like to see a show you like, this is not the hotel for you. UNLESS you want ESPN. Apparently this hotel caters to MEN as if women don't patronize here or watch television. Literally there are like SEVEN sports channels, two business channels (ie. Bloomberg) and a host of other MALE channels like USA, HDNet 1 & 2.
Ladies, no Bravo, no Family Channel, no WeTV, no Lifetime, none of that.
And to make matters worse, the cable reception is horrible. I stayed here (no choice) several times in the past year and each and every time the channels kept fuzzing up and going out reading "NO SIGNAL".
The walls are paper thin, too. The side-by-side guest room doors, particularly if you have a busy body neighbor, slam throughout the day (and night). Bring earplugs. If this is where your job sends you to be close to the businesses around here, I'm sharing this info with you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen S
Matt J, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fairfax Merrifield, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We offer our sincerest apologies that our television channel selection did not exceed your expectations. It is through our guests' feedback that we are able to improve our services. Therefore, I am updating our channel line up to include your suggestions. Next time you are in the area we hope to wow you with our improved selection of channels. Thank you again for the review and have a great day!!!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in February 2013 for two nights. We very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our room was like a studio apartment. The room was clean, quiet and fully loaded. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Metro station serving orange line was located nearby. The breakfast was great - one can even make his/her own waffle! There is a mall, with a number of restaurants, only steps away. WiFi in the common areas was quite helpful. I would certainly return to this hotel if I am in this area in the future.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the outstanding review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

New lobby is nice, and the front desk lady is very nice. We spend 2 nights there. It is quite a standard Marriot residence. They have an park place underground. It is nice for winter time. I would recommend it for others. Overall it is not close to any main road, so most of room should be very quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms should be good, just watching for if the compressor is too close or not.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AustinYe

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our hotel overall left a great impression with youi.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My 2 daughters and I booked two nights in a queen bed suite with a pullout couch at an amazing rate. We were settling my youngest in her dorm. We drove in from New York on Friday night and we were frazzled, starving and disorganized. The front desk staff was so pleasant and helpful. The room was clean (I dont put a thing in any hotel room before I check every nook and cranny) nicely decorated, spacious and well laid out. The fireplace was a big hit with the girls. The location was ideal. The staff helped the girls find a great place to get a late night dinner which was a 2 minute walk through the parking lot. Of course, one forgot to pack a toothbrush and we needed extra shampoo; we got both right away with a smile. I'm a night owl and the sitting area by the front desk was wonderful: comfortable seating, fireplace, tv, computer room. I even used the treadmill in the "gym." The equipment seemed quite new and the room was well appointed but very small. The next morning they had a lovely buffet breakfast. The staff was very attentive and kept every dish full. They have a lovely courtyard with a pool and basketball area. We will definitly be staying here whenever we come to to DC.

Room Tip: Th hotel is quite large and its a real trek to the lobby. There are many elevators and theres a shortcut through the courtyard which is helpful. Next time I book I will definitly request a room closer to the front of the building
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family