All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenbasketball courtunderground parkingsweetwater tavernfront deskstrip malldrug storeyogurtmosaic districtmetro stationdunn loringcoffee tablemovie theaterstove toplabor daydc area
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The suite we reserved was perfect for our needs. It had two bedrooms that each had their own bathrooms wtih a sitting room and a kitchen. The rooms were clean and each room had a flat screen tv. We ate breakfast in the self serve dining room which had a very nice selection. They offered free parking and free wi fi. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. It is quite a distance from DC, but it is fairly close to the metro station. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We spent four nights at this hotel..The facility is not new....maybe a bit worn, but absolutely everyone we dealt with from the front desk to the restaurant servers were exceptionaly kind and accomodating.. They made the stay quite pleasant.. Our first floor room smelled a bit moldy..(this area has had more than average amount of rain for the past few months) so the staff moved us to the fourth floor and we were fine.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less moldy smell...although I must add that this area has had rain for the past few months..
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We traveled to see the new baby--my 90 year old Mother's first great grandchild. The handicapped room was perfect. The shower had no barriers.
We loved it

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

What were they thinking?

At first I though the room smelled of cigarette smoke, but maybe it was just the cleaning agent they used - possibly carbolic acid? Except for the TV the room was worn out. The refrigerator was old, dirty and the door shelf was broken (no way to stand up an open bottle of wine therein). The fireplace did not work. The bed was miserable. I didn't know they still made mattresses with the heavy cord around the edges; I last had one like that in the '70's. There were just 2 bathtowels and no bathmat. But that's the good part.

When the power went out around midnight they fired up a generator that ran all night. This was a problem as half the rooms face a fully enclosed courtyard with the pool in it, and the generator is in the courtyard too. What were they thinking? The noise reverberated around the courtyard all night long. And I don't know what they were using the power for as there was none in my room and there was not even any emergency lighting in the hallways.

The hot buffet breakfast turned out to be cold cereal, yogurt, and some unripe honeydew. I could have whipped up enough scrambled eggs and sausage for all of the guests on a campstove by myself; instead the half dozen or so kitchen workers just stood around in the breakfast room doing nothing. But that generator was still running! And even though it was 85+ in the breakfast room none of the idle employees was clever enough prop open a door and catch some of the fresh breeze that might have made the place a little more bearable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fcfrag
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We found this hotel after the reservation at another hotel fell through. They were very accomodating and able to get us a room last minute. We had a 2 bedroom suite. Each room had a queen bed and the beds were very comfortable. We never heard any other noise from outside or inside the hotel. There was also a sofa with a pull out bed which one of my kids slept on and said it was very comfortable, too. The rooms were very clean and when we didn't want the maid service one day, she made sure we had plenty of towels and toiletries. The closets in the rooms had plenty of room for all and I loved the shelves in the closets, too. Everyone was very nice and the buffet was nice in the morning to grab a quick bite on our way into D.C. The hotel is only about a mile from the metro and we would ride that into D.C. which took about 20 minutes or so. The only thing that keeps me from giving the hotel 5 stars was while the staff was very nice, a few times we asked simple questions of the clerk about where to find things in the area and they did not seem to know. Other than that, our stay was excellent.

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms suites are great when traveling with family. Gives everyone plent of room to spread out.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family