“Tasty, and nobody missed the meat!”

Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

6 of us dined here because one wanted vegitarian food. This place reminds me why my "veg" friends are often disgusted with the lame offerings at other restaurants (or my house). Well-made, flavorful, complex foods that were really tasty! I had the macro platter, with one of the best curry sauces ever. I loved that the sauce was served separately, so I could make every bite to my very-mild-liking. Moreover, the "bed of rice" was exactly that, some rice at the bottom of the dish....instead of the mountain of rice served in lieu of a reasonably sized meal at other restaurants! From age 6 to 77, everyone enjoyed it. Service was a bit inattentive -- the child's drink spill got zero help from staff, and extra napkins never appeared-- but it was reasonably prompt and very friendly! We will definitely return.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

The name is incorrectly listed as Sunlower but Sunflower is a surprise. It doesn't look like much from the outside so do not let that deter you. All is vegetarian and no alcohol is served. The menu choices are varied and superb. You may forget that what you are eating is not meat. Very good and inexpensive.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I like vegetarian, but the food at this place is the most unusual concoction of food I have ever tasted. Four of us ordered food and could only eat one of the plates. The rest were just too strange tasting.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The food was above average, but the service took a little longer than I would have liked. I would try it again in the future, but it's not a favorite

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great healthy food, specially their soups and their ice cream!