“Good BBQ somewhat pricey”
Review of Liberty Barbecue

Liberty Barbecue
Ranked #72 of 406 Restaurants in Falls Church
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Now I’m not sure if my subject is fair. I live in Fredericksburg not falls church so I’m not sure of the prices in the area but I will say the food was really good.

Me and my son went there last night; we both ordered the pick 2 meats. I got brisket and pork, he got chicken and ribs so I was able to taste everything. Everything tasted amazing. We also got an app of cornbread which we had come out with the meal and that along with the butter it comes with was amazing also.

I was a not huge fan of the sides. The grits were ok for me but not my son. He liked the Mac and cheese but I didn’t really like the potato salad.

The server was semi busy due to it being later in the night; staff appeared to have been cut so he was running all over the place. He did a good job though attending to our needs.

Overall as stated the food was great but due to spending $50 for two people I probably wouldn’t go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Dropped by on a Sunday evening. Was behind a couple and the greeter said he would be right with us. He left, then came back, then handed the first couple off to another person. Then left, then seated us. (Still never figured out what the problem was until later). Waiter came immediately to our table and we were served two pretty good sweet teas. We had already pretty much decided what we wanted so we order the triple 1/4 lb meet with two sides to share.

They have the utensils at each table so, that is up to you. The single platter was served by someone from the kitchen. He said, "Oh you needed plates?" It would be safe that any person would want a plate unless they were by themselves. We said sure! And we waited and waited. Come on this in not rocket science. Finally, the waiter who took our order came by and said, "You don't have any plates?" I had already started grazing off the serving plate before it got cold.

During our wait my wife(who worked her way through school waiting tables) observed that the waiters are serving tables what appeared to be randomly rather than by sections and they were running all over the place.

Ok Now for the food. Ok. just OK. In Texas they would have been closed in 6 weeks.BBQ brisket was really pretty good, On a 10 scale a strong 7. I am always leery of a BBQ place that has lots of different sauces. If it's a great item, why do you want to disguise it? Pulled pork seemed vinegary, but after trying from the other side away from the pickle juice, we determined it was not that bad perhaps a 6/10. Sausage was not that good, overcooked. 5/10.

When we were done, we finally got the attention of our waiter to bring the check and only then did he offer to refill our tea.

We might try it "to go" sometime and give the turkey and ribs a try. But with the service the way it was (and they were not truly busy) I do not need to pay someone for lousy service.

For a BBQ restaurant, I thought the prices were reasonable.

Value 3.
Food 4
Service 2

Also, I drove around back and didn't see a bit or smoke. Perhaps it is cooked elsewhere. As they say in Texas, if you don't see smoke the BBQ is a joke.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

So the brisket was good, the pork was mediocre. The plus side is that the portions were pretty good, and good fries. Negative - not any spice. And the real deal with BBQ are the sauces. The mustard sauce is just gross, and the sweet one is watery. Forget about the vinegar sauce. They need some thick and tangy sauce with bite, something else with some fire, and just generally better sauces that have taste and flavor. Most store-bought low-end sauces taste better than this (heck just about anything from Trader Joe's sauces are better). If you don't have good sauce, you don't have good BBQ. Try again.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Went to Liberty solo and sat on the bar for lunch. I ordered brisket and cole slaw. Both of them were delicious. I was surprised the order came very fast but it was close to hot. Brisket was lean but could have been less fat on the side. Cole slaw was perfect and juicy. They had rich bar with plenty draft beer and wine to choose. Ambiance was great and the restaurant was clean. However, parking was horrible. It was late lunch and I had to park outside on the side street! Will definitely back with my significant other to try other barbecue choices.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Another fantastic meal at Liberty BBQ (LQ)! The nachos with pulled pork is a meal for 4, and the red and green jalapenos make it! Of you want a real treat any time of year - order the Thanksgiving Dinner sandwich. Just what it sounds like - Turkey, stuffing, cranberries, gravy on this amazing bread baked in house.