“We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.”

Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Canton OH
“We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.”
Reviewed July 10, 2007

My husband & I spent 4th of July at this hotel. Our room was very clean, as well as the pool. The staff was friendly & helpful. The Continental Breakfast was above average. As with the other travelers, we did have trouble with our cardkeys; but that was the only downside to this hotel. They had a free shuttle that took us to the "Ballston Metro Station". If you go on the Metro website:
(--) there are schedules & other info. Riding the Metro underground rail was a "hoot". A good place to be dropped off is the Smithsonian Station, which is in the heart of the National Mall. A couple of times we took a taxi back to the hotel because we were tired. Our taxi fare back to the hotel for 2 people was $12 from the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, from the Smithsonian area it was around $20.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — cardkeys
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ljfirstmate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 5, 2007

1st Day - door lock will not open...tried several times, finally went to the front desk to complain...they gave me some moronic instruction and reprogrammed my keys...again, door will not open after several attempt...complained again...tried again with a third set of keys (very upset)...NO!...very irrate, this time very personal...told them that their hotel is terrible and that they need to inspect their door locks...after more complaining (very loudly), the staff upgraded us from the cavernous base floor to the 3rd floor (the lobby is on the 2nd flr)...Anyone planning a trip to DC, I would advise you not to stay here...spend the extra money or stay alittle farther outside the city and you'll be glad you did. The rooms are filthy and the front desk people are not as friendly.

Traveler from Houston (07/01-07/05)

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rocket City, Alabama
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I got a great deal on this 3 night room from the hotels website. Upon check-in I was worried. After opening my door to my room I was worried. My worries were for nothing. The front desk help was extremely nice and helpful. The hotel back up to a nice neighborhood. Across the street is a Safeway, Target, food places. They were safe, I visited them all. The McDonalds next door to the hotel got my order right, and tasted better than usual. Back to the hotel. The bathroom was nice. Granite shower, extremely clean. Our room was on the parking lot side by the road, but was quiet. The rooms are well insulated. Of course we sleep with the fan on, and a towel rolled up at the base of the door. The beds were clean and comfortable. Slept great. I've had better pillows and better beds and pricier hotels, but I slept great on them. The pool is big, clean, and nice, with lifeguard on duty. The room lacked fridge and microwave. It was very conveniently located. I had to visit a Dr. in Falls Church, took 5 minutes to get there. Also drove to the West Falls Metro, took 10 minutes to get there. Drove to Tyson's Corner Shopping Center, maybe took 15 minutes to get there, tops. So the location was good. Breakfast was A+, with the waffle maker, coffee, bagels and yogurt. I would stay here again with my family. The kids really enjoyed. The only thing that turned us off initially, but we soon forgot was that the carpet looked out dated. This is what first turned us off. In it's defense the carpet was clean. The cleaning ladies were nice. My laptop, cash, etc. fit into the safe in the room. Nothing was bothered, beds were made daily, and towels were replaced daily. Being from a small town that is spread out, the only thing that caught us off-guard was the fact everyone walks everywhere. Safe, clean, and fun place to stay to visit Falls Church, Tyson's corner, or DC. They also have a shuttle, but didn't use it.

Stayed June 2007
#1 of 15 in Falls Church
Econo Lodge Metro
Econo Lodge Metro
#32 of 51 in Arlington

Been to Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard? Share your experiences!