Over 100 days in hotels in 2011 and 80 some in this property is basis for the comments that follow.
WOW, what a difference a year can make!! In January 2011 although the staff was better than most, the physical facility showed it’s age. In January 2012, what was a low 2 star property is knocking on the door of a 3 and one-half star rating.
In one year’s time,
• The rooms have been totally renovated, redecorated, and upgraded;
• Renovated rooms have new high quality mattresses, microfridges, adjustable shower head, flat-screen TV , alarm clock, coffee maker,
designer carpet/furniture/wallpaper, and desk with power outlet;
• WiFi Internet
• Guest washers and dryers;
• Exercise room with modern equipment that WORKS!!
• Exterior was power-washed and re-painted, parking lot resurfaced, landscaping redone and handicapped spaces added;
• Under leadership of a new GM, good staff have been retained and retrained, great staff moved on to greener pastures, and deadwood sent packing;
The only thing that could be better is Internet speed.
This property is more like the Canadian boutique Ascend Hotels than most in the US –based Choice Hotel Family. A road warrior might pay more but there’s no necessity or amenity offered by “suite” hotel chains that are any better!More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking