“very good place”

Sea Pearl Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Pearl Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 374 Restaurants in Falls Church
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gallows Road
Transit: 1/2 a mile from Dunn Loring metro and 2 miles from Vienna metro station.
Description: Sea Pearl Restaurant & Lounge brings flair to Mosaic District with its chic decor and contemporary atmosphere. Inspired by the serenity of the open sea at sunset, Sea Pearl exhibits the feel of the ocean with mother-of-pearl curtains and chandeliers, and the warmth of the sun with walnut hardwood floors and decorative lighting. The menu changes seasonally and offers modern American cuisine with an Asian accent. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion, having a casual dinner, or enjoying a cocktail, Sea Pearl is sure to make your dining experience memorable.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Love this place, we sometimes sit at the bar and have our dinner. Nicely decorated very friendly staff, we have eaten here many times. I have not had anything I did not like, we especially love the oysters! Will continue to go back here.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The sushi bar and chef's continue to get better and better... the menu offerings are good, but the sushi is quickly becoming the shining star

Firecracker, Black Mamba, and Hudson are excellent as house specialties... and the basic tuna+avacado is a homerun every time

try the pickled wasabi for a bit of extra kick!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Sea Pearl is difficult to spot off the street due to its location, tucked in a cozy spot under a larger building. Parking is in the garage underneath and is free (great to have free parking in this part of town) Call ahead because it does get busy.

The atmosphere is romantic with a sexy, lively bar. Colors of blue with hues of white color the streamlined dining room. Large chandeliers of sea shells, with mother of pearl iridescences, light up the entire room.

The food: we tried two of the sushi offerings and found them fresh and tasty. The spicy eel was very good, with just enough heat and the rainbow roll was stuffed with fresh crab and topped with avocado and fresh, raw fish slices.

As a group we tried the crab cake, lots of lump crab with delicate seasoning. One of the people in our party declared it was the best they have eaten. It was delicious but I like my crab cake with a bit more seasoning. We tried the scallops, very good searing on the outside and it came with wasabi mashed potatoes. It also came with a unique salad in a wonton bowl. I loved the creativity. I had tried the whole fish branzino and was the best I have ever eaten (picture attached). Delicate fish topped with spicy sautéed vegetables. I did not order it on this visit and I wished I had; worth ordering! One of the people in our group got the noddle bowl and come hungry; it was huge. I think it could have fed 4 people! But on a cold night, I bet it would be delicious.

For a group of people, or a romantic meal, order a few things and share.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The sushi was fantastic, and the prices were very reasonable for the amount of food we were served. We had a fabulous time!

1  Thank joan s
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant with some colleagues and we had a wonderful time. They easily accommodated our group of 11, even splitting our bill into two groups for us. The service was overall good, with only a couple of minor missteps (forgot a couple of drinks, bringing food inconsistently). I had the paradise sushi roll and the lobster crepe. The lobster crepe was one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Great experience overall, and a wonderful evening.