“home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Falls Church
Houston, United States
“home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Overall we was very pleased with my stay at the Home wood suites in Falls Church Virginia. we were only 15 minutes away from Washington DC and 30 minutes away from Maryland. There was a fabulous outdoor movie area/mini mall within walking distance-literally and minutes away from the train station. This location is great-complimentary breakfast/dinner, shuttle services, laundry room and lifeguards for the pool;it is absolutely the best!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently spent 5 days while in town for a workshop. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. My room was a bit shabby...mold on the shower curtain, pillows rather "tired", and general maintenance needed to be done. I had issues with the shower, the water was either scalding hot or tepid. I also had an issue with my key card, it did not work one day, and I had to make two trips to the desk to get one that finally did work. Again, the staff was excellent, and the location is very convenient to the Mosaic district - where there are many great restaurants. Convenient location and great employees, but the facilities need improvement.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The suite was spacious, clean and comfortable with kitchen. I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and dinner. It had good spread everyday. The transportation to metro station was helpful. The housekeeping did a good job in cleaning the room everyday. Overall had a pleasant stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant stay around D.C.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel on our way back from North Carolina because we would have 5 in the room. We got close to the hotel fairly early so we stopped at Kings Dominion for a few hours and arrived at the hotel just before 10 PM. I did not get the name of the person checking us in but he was really good. I asked if the pool was still open and he let me know if was closing soon but you could tell he wished it was open for us. When we decided to stop off at the amusement park we knew that could happen. We had a room on the third floor near the elevator but could barely hear it. Room was spotless. I know this because that is the first thing I do when I arrive. Nice touches like special folding of towels. I had a lovely letter thanking me for being a Hilton Honors member and letting me know things offered at the hotel. Room service offered by the diner at the end of the parking lot. They still had fresh hot coffee in the lobby at that hour of check in. We went down for breakfast and the food was good. More offerings then a Hampton and glass dishes and silver ware. The scones were very good. We had to check out early to get back on the road so we missed out on the patio, pool and hot tub. Upon checkout a different gentleman was at the desk he too was very nice asking about our stay . This will be our new stopping place on the way to North Carolina. We will try to get to the hotel earlier to enjoy it more and possibly the meals offered Monday- Thursday.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I would say more about the locations than the accommodations. Ideally located, the hotel is next to new retail/restaurant developments. You will need these for shopping (groceries) and to eat your meals if you don't make use of the room's kitchen.

The area is trendy and welcoming to people of all ages - from young children to seniors. My family of 5 stayed at the hotel. It was a little cramped and the only bathroom was accessed through the bedroom which made it inconvenient for the person who slept in the living room and who woke us up every time they entered the bedroom.

Pillows were lacking support and in number. Beds were only average.

The hotel has a nice pool and hot tub which my family enjoyed. Breakfast was included - buffet style. Typical buffer - nothing to write home about, and nothing to complain about.

I would stay again, but only after I tried others first.

• 2 of 5 stars
Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel was very appealing -- courteous staff, excellent food offerings, attractive rooms. Our only complaint was the softness of the mattresses which made the sharing of a Queen bad by 2 people very challenging. Good pet (dog) facilities were offered.

• 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank Clifton F
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great accomodations, value, and service. wish everything that comes with it was closer to the DC area. Love the proximity to Metro and shopping areas. Went on a field trip to the Homewood Stes in the DC, convention center area, but it didn't have the same amenitites. By a long shot, this place is best!

1 Thank Beatrice D
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
#6 of 16 in Falls Church
4.5 of 5 stars 170 reviews

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church? Share your experiences!