“Convenient and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Falls Church
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Convenient and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I needed to book a last minute business trip to visit my home office and found that all of the places that I normally stay at were booked solid. Some searches online turned up the Townplace Suites and since it was one of my only options, I decided to give the property a shot.

Overall the Towneplace Suites is a very nice extended stay hotel, albeit a bit away from my ideal location (Ballston). That said, it was only a 3-mile cab ride from my office so it wasn't that inconvenient. The property was well maintained, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and my room was quite nice.

My only complaints, and minor ones at that, was that they bathroom sink stopper didn't work and that I found numerous pieces of hair on the bathroom floor. Other than those two issues I found the property to be very clean and well maintained.

And for those worried about the location and proximity to dining, there is a small shopping center next door with a market and BBQ restaurant, a little over a block away there is a Dunkin Donuts and 7-11 (convenience store) and if you're willing to take on a bit of a walk (1/2 mile) which I was you'll find numerous local and chain restaurants.

As a runner, I also appreciate the proximity to the W&OD trail which was a short run away and well worth exploring. I think the only thing that would make the property better, and something that won't happen, is convenient Metro accessibility. All said, based on my experience there I will return for future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank desabol
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you chose to stay here instead of the other options you had. With your office in Ballston we hope that you decide to stay with us the next time your in town visiting your home office.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have no complaints about this place. The room was clean, the bed was really comfortable (would have been nice if it were a bit bigger...) and the staff was all very helpful and friendly. We had a great stay for the 3 days we were there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Penny_Lane_002
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay at the property. The staff always strives to exceed expectations and it is nice to hear their hard work was noticed. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or future reservations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Me, my husband, and two sons stayed in a two bedroom suite Easter weekend. The hotel staff were wonderful. We were greeted as we entered the lobby and made to feel that we were among friends. Bruce was awesome. He offered excellent advice on what to see and do in Dc and helped us in many ways during our stay. The room was clean and spacious. The pull out couch could use a better mattress but the beds were ok. The mini kitchen had everything needed to prepare meals and clean up. The hotel tries to be environmentally responsible by encouraging guests to reuse towels if possible. I thought that was great. Breakfast was good. Variety offered in the cereals, yogurt, and bagels. My husband and son used the gym several times and were pleased with the equipment and cleanliness of the room. Overall our stay was very pleasant and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank gooddl
Thank you for your feedback about Bruce. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about guest’s stays. Bruce knows the area very well and can recommend almost any type of restaurant. Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in the Falls Church area and feel free to ask me any questions.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as 3 adults and 2 children (6yo and 3yo) for 5 nights in march. I chose gather two bedroom suite as it had two queen beds and a sofa bed. Our room was located on the third floor of the main building right on hillwood avenue. A room facing the car park would be better as there is a bar over the road which has very loud music and even arguments taken outside!

The room was clean and a good size but the beds and pillows were not that comfortable - too soft. The location is great - close to down town falls church and close to major access roads.

The free breakfast was great for the hungry kids as was the kitchen in the room.

The exercise room was sparse - at the very least there should be a treadmill.

All in all a good option for a family needing a few rooms. Good location and free wi-fi is always great!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank goinghome04
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The feedback is important to me, as I am always looking for ways improve the property and enhance guest’s satisfaction. For your future stays, here at the vibrant Falls Church Towneplace Suites, we have upgraded our exercise equipment. A new treadmill mill and elliptical machine is available for guests. Also, the new exercise equipment includes personal televisions. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk for any noise complaints and we will be happy to assist you. I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, and location. Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in the Falls Church area and please feel free to ask me any questions.

Darren.walker@marriott.com
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The location is in the charming and quiet Historic Falls Church. I enjoyed my surreal 10 minute commutes to business parks located at Tysons, McLean, and Fairview.

The morning breakfast and coffee was an efficient start to my day and improved with a greeting from Col Happe every morning with breaking news stories and stimulating conversation.

Dining in the historic district is a few blocks away and offers authentic cuisines rather than the tourist traps and chains located in surrounding suburbs.

The hotel and room were very comfortable, modern, and contemporary, I wish for a moment that I could move in.

Room Tip: There are two buildings and they are not connected. You may wish to choose a room for convenience in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Testpilot71
Thank you for your kind response and feedback. I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed your stay here. Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in the Falls Church area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel was really great for my recent business trip. They let me check in early and were exceptionally friendly, helpful and professional. The room was a good size, light, nicely decorated and CLEAN! The room had a great working area complete with lots of good lightning, a great desk and plenty of plugs.

The bed had high quality linen and lots of pillows.. with more plugs and a good reading light.

The bathroom has clean with nice quality towels, toiletries, and good lighting. The only disappointing thing was the blow dryer, which was the typical small, powerless one found in most hotel rooms.

The flat screen TV was positioned so you could turn it to view it from the couch, desk, bed or kitchen. The lobby had a good collection of coffee/tea and free copies of The Washington Post and USA Today.

The hotel is located within walking distance to restaurants, stores and a nice park. It's very close to the metro and Route 66. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a 4th floor room in building B away from the elevator. It was not in the same building where...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great hotel. They let me check in early. The room was nicely decorated, very clean, had a wonderful work space and with plenty of outlets and a great desk. There was a lot of storage for clothes, full size ironing board, plenty of room in the bathroom to put things, nice toiletries, good lighting. The kitchen was nice with the basics. The bed had high quality linen and lots of pillows. The flat screen TV was located so that you could turn it to view from the bed, couch, desk or kitchen. My room was very clean nice colors and plenty of light.

The lobby had a nice coffee/tea selection and free copies of the Washington Post and USA Today. The staff was very friendly.

The hotel is within walking distance to a number of restaurants, stores and a park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4.5 of 5 stars 398 reviews
BEST WESTERN Falls Church - Arlington Area
Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!