“Great Quiet place to get away”

Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Fairfield B&B and Inns
Wheaton, Maryland
“Great Quiet place to get away”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our stay was excellent. The B&B was clean and very comfortable. The food is excellent and the hosts are very nice and helpful. The view of the montains is amazing. Their place is really pet friendly. Your unable to leave your pet unattended, but there is a nice pet boarding place nearby that is excellent and cheap. My wife and i really enjoyed our stay. Lexington is an excellent place to visit for a weekend getaway with beer tasting, wine tasting, nice resturants, and good historical monuments.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a night here on our return trip up Skyline Drive to NY from visiting friends in Nashville, and we loved this place. The hosts, Susan and Mark, were lovely, and the building and grounds were clean, well-kept, nicely updated, and pretty. The breakfast was delicious, but there was only one seating, at 9:00 A.M. We would have preferred a little more flexibility, say from 9 to 10. One other minor negative was that there was no lock on our door from the outside, so when we were out the door to our room was unlocked. Don't get me wrong, this place is off the beaten track and I did not feel unsafe leaving my belongings in the unlocked room, but I would have preferred to have a door that locked from the outside.

Our room and bathroom was very nicely appointed and very clean. The view was spectacular and the grounds were gorgeous. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelhelp4u
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed 3 nights at Fox Hill while we toured the nearby towns of Staunton and Lexington. An enjoyable and relaxing time with delicious breakfasts! We also liked the mowed paths through the fields for walking and enjoying nature. A truly scenic location!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M L
Farmington, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Planning our first trip from CT to visit my brother & his wife in Murphy NC, we needed a pet friendly place half way to rest. I came across Fox Hill B & B. After reviewing it on multiple sites I decided to book a weekend stay before our venture to NC.- a gift to my husband for our anniversary. I called and had a wonderful conversation with Sue. I booked the Mountain View cottage for our weekend and a one night stay for our trip back home. The cottage was amazing! Sue & Mark delightful, our B&B room on the way home beautiful. This was an anniversary we will always remember. Anyone traveling and looking for a great place to stay, look no more, you will be delighted. Lots of places to visit or just relax. The grounds are lovely, very well kept, this B&B top notch! This was our first time on a long adventure with our two labs...and I must say, they had as much fun as we did! Thank You, Sue & Mark

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hi,

I stayed at Sue and Mark's B&B for 5 days in the a spacious, clean and very comfortable suite next to the coolest big wood barn. I can't say enough good things about this place. Sue and Mark were extremely accommodating to all my needs. They know the surrounding area very very well and were so willing to help me find my way around to places that met my interest. The food is so so so good. I even got up early each morning to make sure I had breakfast. Sue is a wonderful cook with wholesome great tasting dishes. I'm from California and the scenery the B & B is located within is stunningly green. The best ever were the lightening bugs in the distance each night in the trees surrounding about a third of the property. I have to admit, sitting quietly on my porch in the darkness enjoying the silence of the night, the twinkling lightening bugs made it magical. I would highly recommend this B & B for anyone!!!

Room Tip: If you like horses, get the suite next to the barn. It is very quiet and very private.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Fox Hill for our first wedding anniversary, and we had such a wonderful time. Sue and Mark helped us plan where to go and what to do, and recommended a great place for hiking (Crabtree Falls), a nice vineyard (Rockbridge), and a nice place in Lexington for Dinner. They took so much time to help us plan our stay there, and they were extremely welcoming and nice.
The room we stayed in, The Cornwall Room, was amazing. It was very spacious and clean, and we loved feel of the room, and the view from the windows. The grounds at Fox Hill are also beautiful, with a peaceful pond to sit by, and plenty of land to walk around. The breakfast they served was delicious and plentiful.
We had such a nice time celebrating our anniversary here. It was the perfect place to getaway and relax for a weekend. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms have their own entrance. The Cornwall Room is on the second floor, and was great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My dog and I come here every year for our spring break, and it always makes me wonder why we ever vacation anyplace else! One of our favorite spots in the world. I'm always sorry to leave, and wish we lived a little closer so I could more easily go just for weekends sometimes! We always stay in the "Mountain View Cottage Suite", which is lovely -- comfy bed, pine walls, charming country kitchen, lovely bathroom, immaculately clean, and with a beautiful deck overlooking the mountains. We mostly brought our own food, but did make one trip into Lexington 10 miles away to enjoy some country indulgences (like a Dairy Queen and an Applebees. Yes, sometimes I miss simple places like that in Manhattan!) Even though it was unusually cold, we spent most of our time outside, just roaming the beautiful grounds and enjoying the peace and quiet. I was happy to see that the adorable donkey was still there :), and charmed when he and the horses all came ambling over to say hello.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank andreamavi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge
Steeles Tavern Manor Bed and Breakfast
Iris Inn
Iris Inn
#1 of 6 in Waynesboro

Been to Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast Suites? Share your experiences!