“Shenanigans with the check” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aabee Persian & Mediterranean Restaurant

Aabee Persian & Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 392 Restaurants in Fairfax
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Previously known as Cooking & Company is one of a kind restaurant serving Mediterranean food complimented by Persian cuisine. Our menu also has options for our celiac allergy, vegetarian and vegan customers. Our food is free from "MSG" and other additives and is made to order. We believe food should give you energy, not bring you down and additives like "MSG" can cause drowsiness or headaches. Eating bad food is a horrible shame and AA'BEE restaurant is one hundred percent dedicated to offering healthy eating. All of our dishes are our favorite dishes and anything you choose is sure to be delicious and healthy. We also now offer delivery to 5 miles surrounding our location.
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shenanigans with the check”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This place has great food but be careful when you get the bill. I got mine and accidentally filled it out with a $5 tip written in before my card was swiped. The tip was low be because the service was bad. It was very slow as the place seemed understaffed. SAy what you want but the tip is MY prerogative. Anyway, I crossed out the tip amount so the owner could run the card at the given price, then I would put the tip in afterward. Well, the owner didn't like the $5 tip and came back to the table and said he could include the gratuity for me if I wanted. I told him no and I would put it in myself after. A few minutes later he comes back with the original check gone, and a new one with no line for a tip, and a charge that was higher because he included and 18%gratuity! So I went into the restaurant and he could tell I was pissed but proceeded to act dumb. I asked him about it and he thought I said to include the gratuity. Right. I told him no and please reprint and run the original bill and I would include the tip as cash. He then said if I had a problem with the service I needed to let the management (him) know about it, so he obviously was aware of what he did because he didn't like my original tip. I asked him if the 18% tip was mandatory and he told me it was! What BS! I told him it is not mandatory and i would leave my own tip. He seemed shaken up by me calling him out and gave me the original check and I left him a $6 tip cash. Like I said, good food, but poor service and the owner was a scheister.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CNYtraveller2012

Burke
“The crab Fettucini is to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Agree that the place is not typically full but then again my daughter and I go there as a special treat after basketball practice at PVI every couple of months...early at about 5ish. I would go more often for the crab fettucini if we did not live out in Manassas! Starve yourself all day cause it is a heaping helping...yes I said that...but there is moist wonderful lumps of crab in every bite...OMG...leave a review after you go there and try it and tell me it is not THE most incredible dish you have ever had !!! About $16 but for that much crab?? they might be breaking even...

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank CindyVanBurke
DC area
“A special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I go there when we want that special date night dinner. The cook Anna is wonderful and ray is fun just to talk to. See if Anna has made lamb when you go, some of the best I have ever tasted!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank pappa207
Virginia
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have been to Vespucci's twice for Valentine's Day and it is very quaint restaurant. Most importantly, the food has consistently been delicious. The seafood, in particular, has been fabulous. The menu is large and the place is not typically full (at least not when we were there). I do think the inside could use a bit of sprucing up inside, but I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Earth3003
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great Food and Service at reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Service was excellent and food super. All at a very reasonable price.
Try the Chicken Monalisa.

• Visited August 2011