WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 3 Fairfax B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Stafford House is a very nice B&B that is close to Wolf Trap, Paradise Springs Winery and some good food. Donna made our delicious breakfasts and took good care of us. Bed and bath were very nice. Stafford House is quiet because it only has 2 bedrooms. We kind of missed having a common area where you can relax and meet other guests, but overall we had a wonderful experience. We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ydnab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
baldwin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay at Stafford House B&B!!!! Our host, Donna, couldn't have been more accomadating or gracious! Our lovely room was perfect and inviting! Why would we want to stay at a hotel when we could be here?????
Comfort, privacy, luxury! We can only hope our travels bring us back to the D.C. area soon! Thank you so much, Donna, for making our trip perfect! See you again soon!

Room Tip: PERFECT! Donna was the perfect host! Hope to return soon!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

Before last year I had tried several hotels in Faifax, which I visit for business at least annually, and never bothered to return to any of them. Then I discovered Stafford House, tucked behind the trees off Chain Bridge Road. I've just been back for a second time and will not be looking for any other accommodation in this town unless they are booked out. The huge bathroom is so fabulous I'm half-tempted to bed down in the jacuzzi. But then the main room is so clean, relaxing and charming, it would a shame not to make the most of it. This is a rare traveler's treasure - and the number of newlyweds who seem to spend their first nights here also attests to a great experience. There is no better way to start a business day than with Donna's fresh breakfasts, delivered by trolley on the dot of time requested. The owners are helpful and charming and I really can't think of one quibble. It's just a wonderful discovery, and real value for money.

Room Tip: Book early, ask for the upstairs room,
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

My husband and I were given a gift certificate to the Stafford House as a wedding gift. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, from the large jetted tub to the very comfortable bed to the fireplace in the room. The owner was quite hospitable and catered to our every need. In the morning, breakfast was delivered to our room and the presentation was breathtaking; French toast beautifully arranged with fruit and powdered sugar, bacon, and coffee. We highly recommend the Stafford House if you are looking for a great place to stay in the Northern Virginia/DC area.

Laurel and Wayne Hausman

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this B&B and couldn't have been more pleased,. The hostess provided a comfortable atmosphere, answered questions, and was very friendly. The room was very comfortable, and certainly roomy for the two of us to spread out for a week's stay. The bathroom was like a spa. The breakfast was served in our room and delicious and hearty every day -- we never had to eat lunch and we spent the whole day on our feet walking and touring. There was a bus stop right outside the front door with an easy commute to the Metro station. Private parking was provided as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

om the minute I arrived to the last night I spent the innkeeper made me feel welcome and at home. I spent a total of 10 peaceful nights at the Stafford House nad hope I will be back soon in the area so I can stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

The Stafford House is a wonderful place to stay. My daughter and I just returned from a week's stay in Fairfax, VA and the Washington DC area. We had one of the two rooms at the Stafford House. It was a nice large room on the ground floor - an incredibly comfortable bed, a large sitting area, there was even a fireplace which I think would be great in January but not in June. The bathroom is a new addition to the house. It is large with a claw foot pedestal tub perfect for soaking and a wonderful shower with a rain overhead and two sets of jets that spray from the side. Donna, the innkeeper, is very pleasant, gracious and helpful. I had the misfortune to be sick while on vacation; she brought me tea and toast! There is not a common room for breakfast, which at first, I thought would be strange. However, Donna delivers breakfast to the room, each morning at the time of our chosing. We felt very pampered! It's a bit like room service, but in a B&B - the best of both worlds! We even enjoyed getting to know Rupert the daschaund.
A note for other travelers. Donna's husband is a minister so they only rent to married couples or singles like my daughter and I. Not a problem for us, but may be an issue for others.
It is also very convenient to the metro, there is a bus stop in front of the inn, there are restaurants and shopping nearby too. We would highly recommend this as a lovely place to stay.

• Liked — the location and the breakfast in our room
  • Disliked — not enough storage space
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mom-n-daughter