“Better than Best!!!!”
Review of Stafford House

Stafford House
Ranked #1 of 3 Fairfax B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay at Stafford House B&B!!!! Our host, Donna, couldn't have been more accomadating or gracious! Our lovely room was perfect and inviting! Why would we want to stay at a hotel when we could be here?????
Comfort, privacy, luxury! We can only hope our travels bring us back to the D.C. area soon! Thank you so much, Donna, for making our trip perfect! See you again soon!

Room Tip: PERFECT! Donna was the perfect host! Hope to return soon!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Before last year I had tried several hotels in Faifax, which I visit for business at least annually, and never bothered to return to any of them. Then I discovered Stafford House, tucked behind the trees off Chain Bridge Road. I've just been back for a second time and will not be looking for any other accommodation in this town unless they are booked out. The huge bathroom is so fabulous I'm half-tempted to bed down in the jacuzzi. But then the main room is so clean, relaxing and charming, it would a shame not to make the most of it. This is a rare traveler's treasure - and the number of newlyweds who seem to spend their first nights here also attests to a great experience. There is no better way to start a business day than with Donna's fresh breakfasts, delivered by trolley on the dot of time requested. The owners are helpful and charming and I really can't think of one quibble. It's just a wonderful discovery, and real value for money.

Room Tip: Book early, ask for the upstairs room,
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My husband and I were given a gift certificate to the Stafford House as a wedding gift. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, from the large jetted tub to the very comfortable bed to the fireplace in the room. The owner was quite hospitable and catered to our every need. In the morning, breakfast was delivered to our room and the presentation was breathtaking; French toast beautifully arranged with fruit and powdered sugar, bacon, and coffee. We highly recommend the Stafford House if you are looking for a great place to stay in the Northern Virginia/DC area.

Laurel and Wayne Hausman

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this B&B and couldn't have been more pleased,. The hostess provided a comfortable atmosphere, answered questions, and was very friendly. The room was very comfortable, and certainly roomy for the two of us to spread out for a week's stay. The bathroom was like a spa. The breakfast was served in our room and delicious and hearty every day -- we never had to eat lunch and we spent the whole day on our feet walking and touring. There was a bus stop right outside the front door with an easy commute to the Metro station. Private parking was provided as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

om the minute I arrived to the last night I spent the innkeeper made me feel welcome and at home. I spent a total of 10 peaceful nights at the Stafford House nad hope I will be back soon in the area so I can stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2008

The Stafford House is a wonderful place to stay. My daughter and I just returned from a week's stay in Fairfax, VA and the Washington DC area. We had one of the two rooms at the Stafford House. It was a nice large room on the ground floor - an incredibly comfortable bed, a large sitting area, there was even a fireplace which I think would be great in January but not in June. The bathroom is a new addition to the house. It is large with a claw foot pedestal tub perfect for soaking and a wonderful shower with a rain overhead and two sets of jets that spray from the side. Donna, the innkeeper, is very pleasant, gracious and helpful. I had the misfortune to be sick while on vacation; she brought me tea and toast! There is not a common room for breakfast, which at first, I thought would be strange. However, Donna delivers breakfast to the room, each morning at the time of our chosing. We felt very pampered! It's a bit like room service, but in a B&B - the best of both worlds! We even enjoyed getting to know Rupert the daschaund.
A note for other travelers. Donna's husband is a minister so they only rent to married couples or singles like my daughter and I. Not a problem for us, but may be an issue for others.
It is also very convenient to the metro, there is a bus stop in front of the inn, there are restaurants and shopping nearby too. We would highly recommend this as a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mom-n-daughter
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I am a business traveler and I could not recommend this location with more enthusiasm. The location is fantastic; you can walk to some area restaurants and park nearby. Interstate access is seconds away. The owners are the best I have had in a B&B (or hotel). The breakfast is fantastic.

I will stay here whenever I travel to the area. I can absolutely see why newlyweds adore this location but for someone working away from home - it is an unmatched choice.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfax
Hampton Inn Fairfax City
Best Western Fairfax
Best Western Fairfax
#8 of 21 in Fairfax
Comfort Inn University Center

Been to Stafford House? Share your experiences!