“Fresh flavorful dishes”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rebel Run
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ate here for the first time last month and it was great ! Loved seeing the fresh herbs growing out front and the outdoor seating looked inviting. It was hot so we decided to eat inside. I was surprised to see how nice it looked inside, I was expecting it to be more casual. We also have a newborn and the staff made us feel welcome and went out of their way to get us a comfortable spot for the baby. The food was very good and could see and taste the fresh herbs, that is what I love. My husband and I like spicy food, so I asked for spicy and it came out perfect. Often times when I ask for spicy it still seems a little mild. Really enjoyed our dinner there and if we get the chance we will go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

A friend and I went to go have a casual dinner here on a beautiful evening. The weather was great, so we sat outside in their lovely open air courtyard. The waitstaff was extremely nice- they checked on us multiple times, gave fantastic food recommendations, and were extremely friendly. The food was very tasty, and they had a really surprising dessert menu- almond cake, ice cream, fried bananas with ice cream, and more delicious sounding desserts (the sticky rice with mango is one of the best I've ever had!). Don't be fooled by the random location- this is worth the excursion. If you plan to stay late into the evening to enjoy their extensive wine list, bring some bug spray- the mosquitoes are also attracted to the restaurant.

1  Thank Etjsinger
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My son and his wife had dined here before and said that the food was good, so we decided to give it a try. Don't be fooled by the street appearance, which looks like a conversion from a fast food restaurant. The interior of the restaurant was tastefully decorated, and the menu was extensive as was the wine list. They also had a very nice selection of beers and mixed drinks. We were worried that the service would suffer because we saw only one waitress for the whole restaurant, but she was very efficient and we never felt neglected. Our appetizers and entrees were excellent. Nice presentation and delicious. The portions were plentiful, but my entree was so good that I finished it all against my better judgement. Unfortunately we live nearly 400 miles from the restaurant so we will not visit anytime soon, but if you are in the area, I would highly recommend this restaurant. I'm sure that we will visit it again when we are visiting my son's family.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Cee Fine Thai Dining restaurant on a Friday as a treat for the end of a long work week. The restaurant is convenient for us as well, since it is less than three miles from our house. I thought some of the dishes were real stand-outs, but I also had some minor criticisms.

We started with two appetizers – crab cake and fried calamari. The calamari was a tad undercooked, although breaded and deep-fried, so that it was a bit rubbery. The crab cake was quite good, but the mixture of spices made it taste more like a veal sausage without much actual crab flavor. Both came with a dipping dish of sweet Thai chili sauce that looked like it was poured straight out of a bottle. My wife was looking forward to red curry salmon, but changed her order to what was listed as either spicy flounder or tilapia in chili sauce. I ordered sesame beef. While we never did learn whether we had flounder or tilapia, the fish was cooked well. The sesame beef was good as well but, unusually for an Asian restaurant, had been prepared in three, thin slices of whole filets that required that I cut them further into bite-sized pieces. In addition, they had been sprinkled with raw sesame seeds and came over what seemed like a teriyaki sauce. In short, while tender and tasty, the sesame beef didn’t really qualify from the “sesame” aspect.

Cee takes an interesting approach to distinguish itself from the half-dozen or so Thai restaurants in Fairfax. It offers a Thai cooking class on Sundays as well as wine tasting. Certainly unusual for a Thai restaurant, it has a long wine list and a good choice of beer, including Dog House ale and imported Japanese Kirin. The interior décor did not impress, but the establishment has almost wrap-around windows that let in lots of natural lighting. Our orders arrived promptly, with the wait staff stopping by to refill our water glasses and ask how we were doing in an efficient manner without being intrusive. The lack of business seemed odd, with less than half the tables filled at about 7:00, when we arrived. I can’t remember what restaurant used to be at the location, but I hope that Cee gets well established and is around for a while.

We tried the restaurant because we had a coupon that took $12 off our tab. Even so, we paid $74 with tip included for dinner for two. The tab is expensive for an Asian take-out restaurant, but I thought the preparation of the dishes, the service, and the ambience made it quite worthwhile. We did not have dessert, but we did drink two beers and a glass of Armand Cotes du Rhone wine.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

They have excellent larb, which is one way I like to judge Thai restaurants. They were quite willing to split the check for us. I was a bit disappointed in the desert - they offered multiple items on the menu, but they only had 2 items available. Otherwise, it was a good night out.