All reviews room was clean stay there again waffles outdoor pool lifeguard on duty bit dated dc area fridge and microwave orange line breakfast buffet metro station front desk staff each morning dulles airport coffee maker george mason university bw
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I arrived on a Saturday night in Fairfax from a evening tour in DC. We had booked this hotel for a week stay knowing we got it for a really good price but not knowing what we were getting into. When we checked in, we were told that we were on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator. We found out, though, that the entrance to the hotel was actually in the 2ND floor and we only had to go up one flight of stairs which wasn't bad.

We were exhausted, but we had the best night sleep. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room has a tall, good sized refrigerator, microwave, & single serve coffee maker, desk for your laptop. My only complaint was they didn't have a lot of usable electrical outlets. They were used by lamps, etc. There are plugs IN the lamp stand, but I couldn't get my cords to stay plugged in. We had a surge protector in the trunk, so that solved that issue.

They had a nice, well maintained outdoor pool that made us wish we had brought our swimsuits! It wasn't busy most of the time, but it looked really nice.

Their breakfast spread was excellent... Not only in the amount of food, but the quality. Scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes (they alternated types daily), sausage, pancakes, waffles, biscuits, gravy, grits, cereals, steel cut oatmeal, donuts, toast, English muffins, bagels, assorted juices, coffee and hot tea. It tasted wonderful. You don't expect such good quality from most motels.

There aren't too many restaurants very close to this motel, so if you don't have a car, you'll need to Über.

We chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the last Metro train on the Orange line. Ten minute drive, covered parking lot that was $5 a Day to park. We became pros at the Metro and appreciated not having to pay to park and traffic daily into DC.

OVER ALL, we really loved staying at this hotel and would highly recommend it!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2019

Excellent hotel. Clean and well maintained. We had issues with the AC. But that don't impact my general perception of this hotel. I enjoyed the breakfast and the pool that include a lifeguard on duty from 10am to 10pm.
It's very close to the metro (orange line) that allows you to reach DC in between 15 to 20 minutes. If you reach the parking lot at the metro afterb10am you will have plenty of free parking spots

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2019

I needed a place to stay that was close to Route 66 and far enough outside Washington, DC that it wasn’t crazy expensive. I’m so happy I found the Best Western in Fairfax, VA. Located close to the interstate, this hotel is tucked away in the woods, making it peaceful and quiet. While the building itself has a layout reminiscent of the 1970s, the check-in area and all the rooms appear to be newly refurnished. The room I stayed in was immaculately clean and homey. I felt immediately comfortable in it. The king size bed was so comfy and the pillows were the perfect consistency of firm and soft. One of the greatest assets of this Best Western is its free continental breakfast. I stay at probably 20+ hotels a year, and I will say that Best Western is at the top of the pack when it comes to the free breakfast that is served. Hot scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, all kind of muffins and bagels, biscuits and gravy, and, a first I’ve ever seen, corned beef hash. Make sure to check in on Yelp to received 500 bonus Best Western Rewards points. I forgot until after I had already checked in, but Renee at the front desk, while a bit snappy on a Sunday morning, helped me to get the extra points. I really enjoyed this Best Western location and would definitely recommend staying here to anyone who wants to be outside the city and save a little bit of money. I know I’ll be staying again soon.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2019

Affordable hotel, beautiful outdoor pool, updated clean comfortable rooms, delicious complimentary breakfast, close to major roads to get to the D.C. area. It is a renovated older style hotel & a walk-up (no elevator).

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2019

This is a great hotel in Fairfax VA with good access to highways, shopping and restaurants. Just up the street is a favorate, PJ Skidoo's, good food and pleasant atmosphere. A nice feature of this particular BW is the option to back your car up to the room door to unload luggage. Another is the really great breakfast buffet which is like a restaurant setting in a room adjacent to, but apart from, the lobby.

• Trip type: Traveled with family