“A nice surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Skaneateles, New York
“A nice surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this Best Western while visiting friends in the area. The hotel is older, but was very clean and had a great complimentary breakfast, comparable to Hampton! All rooms had access from the outside, and had nice furnishings and comfortable beds. I paid under $80/night and think it was a good value. Easy wi fi access and during the summer the pool would be open. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
stephenmay, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairfax, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear MJSKI685,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope that you do have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future. We consider breakfast as a very important part of the services we provide our guests. If we would not eat it, we would not serve it.

Stephen C. May

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed at other Best Westerns nation wide and I must say that this was my best experience. I was welcomed by very friendly staff who checked me in promptly and was knowledgable in all the areas restaurants and transportation. I was welcomed to a very clean room with a beautiful pool side view. I was there for 3 days for the cherry blossom parade and each day was a peaceful and comfortable stay. The bed was extremely comfortable and i was very surprised to walk into a fabulous buffet breakfast that I have not experienced at higher end hotels that I have stayed at. I will certainly stay there again when my travels bring me to Washington DC.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are very nice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ironman,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review. I see that you had reviewed us before and decided to stay with us again. I am glad that your return trip was as pleasant as your last one and hope that you will return again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Hotel rooms were clean, well appointed, and had a comfortable bed. The shower worked well. The full breakfast buffet was great. We were visiting DC for the Cherry Blossom festival but found the hotels there to be prohibitively expensive. For less than half the price, staying in Fairfax is a bargain. Although we didn't travel by metro, driving to the DC waterfront was pretty quick and ensured that our car was close by in the evening after the fireworks. Parking was $10 for the day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 210patrician
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, clean rooms and the wonderful weather we had for the cherry blossoms this year. Saving money by staying in the Fairfax area was a smart plan on your part. We hope to see you again in the future.
Fairfax, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you need to be close to Fairfax City/Oakton/Vienna, it's not bad, but you're not getting a lot for the $. Lobby is really nice, breakfast wasn't bad, but TV was terrible. I don't understand the point of putting new flatscreens in the rooms, but still having analog cable lines in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Edward,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I agree fully with your comments regarding the television quality. While most of our televisions do have a high level of reception, high definition would greatly improve the experience. We are currently working with Cox cable on the feasibility of bringing high definition to our property.

Hampton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very clean, and the staff was friendly. Good price. I would stay again. Great location. Near shopping, DC, the courthouse. Good places to eat nearby. The bed was a little too firm. Not too bad-- just not as soft as I would like. The pool looked nice, but it was a little to cold to try it out! Breakfast was great too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

stephenmay, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairfax, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Cindy,

Thank you for your comments. Please come back and visit us after Memorial Day up til Labor Day and enjoy our refreshing outdoor pool.
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel staff was one of the best I have met. The beds were a little hard but not a reason not to visit again. The hotel was very clean and easily located to D.C. and Dulles airport. The breakfast was good and had a nice view and friendly staff. The hotel has a restaurant attached for convenience and was close to the metro and buses.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Bobbi E
Dear Bobbi,
I am glad to see that you will be coming back to see us again. When you arrive the next time, just tell the front desk associate that you would like to try a different room from the last one you were in. Our staff also appreciates your comment regarding our service. I know they are constantly striving to exceed our guests expectations.
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed here and really enjoyed the experience. I got hot cookies at the front desk, the management was helpful, and the overall experience exceeded my expectations. I will be staying here again! The bed was nice, room was nice, parking was nice, it's close to the highway if you want to get to DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet K
Janet,
Unfortunately, I enjoy the cookies also, to many times and to many pounds. I am very happy we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again in the future.