“Not Bad Actually”

Best Western Fairfax
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Stayed here for one night last wk on business trip. Was the first time in the area, and didn't really see many other hotels around this place. It was more motelish than hotelish, as all rooms are accessible from the outside--haven't stayed in one of these in a while! there is no elevator so you have to drag your luggage up the stairs.

Room--was decent. Mine was pretty clean but for some reason I couldn't shake off the feeling that it wasn't that nice although honestly I didn't really find any fault with anything. Flat screen TV, large bathroom, disposable cups, fridge, microwave, a/c and heater, and couch included in the room.

there is a restaurant and it was very empty. Our waiter was also our cooker. He did a decent job with the burgers though but then again I was starving. Fries were good too.

They have a business center for internet access. I don't think there is an additional charge to use, but the internet was down when I was there,

Overall, if yo uhave to stay in the area for a short period of time, this isn't bad. Staff was nice and friendly, room was clean, but decor is a bit dated I guess. Since it was for work, I was hoping for something a bit nicer and more comfortable and luxurious. There is also an outdoor pool which looks nice but since its Nov. didn't use obviously.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 31, 2007

Finding a hotel at a good price in the DC area during the busy summer travel season is tough. But I can strongly recommend the Fairfax Best Western for its value and service. Our room with a King bed was clean & well maintained; efficiently organized and equipped with a small refrigerator. The bathroom and shower functioned perfectly. Although rooms must be accessed from the outside, ours faced the well-kept courtyard and pool in a nice shady setting. I made use of the pool daily and the laundering room on our third night. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise was the $4 breakfast buffet; much more than the typical bagel & cereal continentals found elsewhere in this class of hotel. Management was great in extending our stay and assisting in directions. The city bus stop is right across the street with a short ride to the metro station for access to downtown DC. I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bullcell
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We stayed here while on vacation for just one night, and selected the facility due to its location to Dulles Airport (we were picking up children at 6:30 am). While the room was clean, and comfortable, the front desk staff we encountered on check in was not really a pleasant person, to the point of slamming our key cards down on the counter. The restaurant was disappointing. Poor decor, limited menu (printed front and back on a piece of paper). Despite our not wanting to leave the hotel for dinner that evening, we left the restaurant and headed down the road a bit where there wer several other options, including several chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Outback, etc.) The breakfast buffet at $4 per person was fine, but considering the price of the room, should have been included in the room charge as is done at other Best Westerns.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
El Dorado Hills,CA
Reviewed May 20, 2006

I selected the Best Western Fairfax by using the tripadvisor (and others) reviews.

Looked for something priced below $100/nite and was rewarded with this gem!

The hotel is located in a quiet, almost residential area (safe), yet a few blocks from the I66 exit. I never heard any traffic (pool side room) and enjoyed the very well cared (if not some what dated) decor. Room to room noise was very slight as well.

The staff were mostly college age and up the the challenge

Coffee in the rooms, free (and good) coffee and local news papers in lobby too.

The Best Western Fairfax was only an exit from the Metro, which got us to down town DC quickly. We elected to drive on Sunday and with little traffic ( and lots of parking) we got to the Smithsonian/Capitol in about 20+ minutes.

The hotel is also very convient to Dulles airport, yet we heard no planes flying over us during our three nights there.

Resturants were within walking distance of the hotel, while a short drive brought us to a family run Italian resturant, Espositos Pizza. Don't let the "pizza" fool you, this was a full service, sitdown resturant, popular with the locals. To enjoy the weather, we selected the patio that evening.

All in all, we'd stay there again!

Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2006

This was the second time I stayed here. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are immaculate and the bed very comfortable. My room had a fridge aand microwave. The on site restaurant is just fine as well. I really like this hotel and would stay again. Thanks.

Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank just4me
Reviewed October 28, 2005

Good accomdation. Clean and comfortable.
Service is ok. Complimentary coffee at the lobby is a good idea.
The minus: if you do not have a car there are few things at walking distance (also if the Cue bus service is quite good)
The plus: the staff at the front desk in the lobby is above the average, really kind, efficient and proactive

Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank Luigi5
Reviewed October 18, 2005

The rooms were nice, and seemed clean, although I had the same problem another reviewer did: there was a space under my door wide enough to slide a notebook through. This is not good, because the doors open outside! I visited in October - I shudder to think of the draft I would have gotten if I stayed in November.

The location is good, the fitness center is ok - 2 treadmills and a weight apparatus. I had problems with the wireless access, and the "business center" is in the lobby (didn't seem to be a way to print).

The walls are thin - I had some noisy neighbors, so I heard their conversations pretty clearly.

Overall, not a terrible hotel, but not one I'll stay in again.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business