All reviews the concierge lounge fair oaks front desk mall within walking distance bar kitchen platinum status cheesecake factory great gym exterior room parking lot nice mall great business the air conditioning walk in shower off the highway breakfast buffet bed was comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

The actual hotel, amenities, staff and room are nice - a good renovation. However, it is the typical Marriott AC situation - no matter what you put the temp on, it will still be whatever they set for the governor temp. One of the major reasons I switched my loyal programs. The wifi, even the “premium” is absolutely abysmal. Can’t even load an email and will time out when loading a web page. Fairly quiet if you stay in an outside facing room.

Trip type: Traveled on business
DonS2786, General Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear trvlgrl6570,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I am sincerely sorry for the experience that you had while staying with us. We definitely try to provide an experience that sets us apart.
There are several major projects that we are in the process of completing over the next few months. One of which is changing up our WiFi for the entire hotel, not only will we have 500 Mbs, which we currently have but we are in the process of changing our access points and will have one access point for every two rooms on the guest floors and new equipment in the public and meeting space.
The other project is to replace major HVAC equipment as the hotel was built in 1983 and we are aware there are areas that absolutely need to be updated.
We truly do hope that you will consider staying with us again as we complete these major projects.
If there is anything we can do to be of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out directly.

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Great place to stay. Staff very helpful and accommodating. Tiffany helped tremendously in coordinating our wedding. She was patient and flexible with our international wedding and very attentive. Would recommend.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
DonS2786, General Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear Magilja,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review of the Fairfax Marriott.
It is also great to hear that our team was able to help make your special day a success.
Our team strives to exceed expectations so your feedback is a wonderful way to recognize associates that make this happen.
If there is anything we can do to be of further service in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Last two times staying at this hotel, this stay included, wifi is awful. Speed is so low i cannot get work done on my laptop. Tried IPAD and same. Stay here alot. Considering a different hotel. Lounge is great and staff makes sure you have what you need.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
DonS2786, General Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Dear frequenttravel2017,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the wireless network that is currently in place.
There is very good news, we are working on upgrading the network throughout the hotel. This should drastically improve connectivity to areas that might not have had as strong a signal as before.
This should happen during the summer as we have to prepare for installation.
In the meantime, please reach out if you are having difficulty, if there is something happening we can remedy immediately to help you connect.
We do look forward to seeing you again soon, please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can be of assistance with.

Reviewed March 13, 2019

I want to preface this review by stating that I travel weekly for business, am a Marriott Rewards member, and that prior to tonight have never posted a negative review. As a constant traveler, in the past I have encountered negative experiences, but none that have left me compelled to pass them on to the next visitor. This place is loud, but the real problem is the lack of effectiveness in the onsite staff to suppress it.

No, I am not currently located on the first floor. I am on the 5th floor of a six-story location. My window is closed, the fan is set to always running, the TV is on and EVERY night of my stay all my white noise is drowned out by the people in the open lobby, bar, restaurant below. It's Wednesday night and I sat quietly without demand till 10 PM. At 11 PM, I called downstairs to ask what time the bar closes. I’m told 11 and that they are “trying” to handle the noise. Now it is nearing midnight with little change. Last night it went till almost 1 AM. Brutal.

It's not a weekend and I am not being indifferent to a wedding party or the like. It's a work night. I do not feel my expectations are too high.

One post note, this is a fine location and inviting property. I do not know how the facility handles after hours security, but if noise reduction and drunken idiot control is being left to a young night auditor, I believe that is patently unfair.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HarshB712, Front Office Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Dear GreeGree2U,

The fact that you were looking forward to your stay with us and we were not able to meet your expectations is a major disappointment to us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor night's sleep you experienced during your most recent stay at The Fairfax Marriott. I regret the inconvenience and frustration that the noise caused you, and I assure you that your experience is not the standard to which we aspire, nor which our guests have a right to expect.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back and personally ensure that you have a great night's sleep without any noise disruption.

Reviewed March 6, 2019

I am writing to share my experience this week regarding a room change that I requested.

1) I contacted Mary at the front desk and worked with her and Madison to identify a new room. I have a number of preferences for rooms I stay in (outside rooms on the second or third floor, king bed, walk-in shower vs. tub, etc.). As they always do, they worked with me to identify a room that met all of my preferences.
2) Shortly after we identified the room, Rosemary, a supervisor from Housekeeping, proactively came to see me in the lounge and asked some questions about setting up the new room for me. She confirmed the extra towels i requested and that they would move the box with toiletries to the new room. She also asked me about my preferences about the type of pillows and comforter I prefer. When I returned to the new room later that night, I discovered that Yuvis (one of the housekeepers) and Rosemary had gone the extra mile and added some personal touches that I normally do myself, such as place waters and Kleenex on both nightstands, moved the trash can and TV remote to the nightstand between the couch and the bed, among other things.
3) I asked Muhammed, the bellman, to move my belongings from the old room to the new room, which he did. He could have simply stacked them in a corner or single pile near the door. He also went the extra mile by placing them in the same places in the new room that he found them in the old room. This even included a bag of chips and fruit bar I forgot I had, which I found in the same drawer in the nightstand in the new room.

This was great team work from a team that didn’t just do the basics well, but consistently made an effort to go above and beyond to provide an outstanding experience. Thank-you!

Trip type: Traveled solo