“Great food for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 390 Restaurants in Fairfax
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vienna, Virginia
“Great food for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I got to say this was very good. We had about a 15 minute wait until our beeper they gave us went off. Then we had to wait about another 5 minutes while they cleared a table. Once we got seated, the waitress came right over and told us the specials, market prices, and took our drink order. We decided to not get an appetizer today, but did get the lobster roll for myself and my husband and my son got the shrimp and grits. I loved the lobster roll. The corn was so good. As for my son, he liked his, but I would not like the cajun spice they put in the shrimp and grits. We did not get dessert. I would go back!

• Visited October 2013

Chino, California
“Best Meal of the Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant was without a doubt the best choice of all our evenings out. A great location and parking was close, Coastal Flats is popular with the Fairfax community with good reason. The decor was open and very clean, staff were very pleasant, very attentive and quick to meet your requests.
The menu was just outstanding, great selection with something for everyone. Be sure to ask for extra bread, that first basket is going to be gone quickly.

Visited September 2013
“Great lobster roll, and the fritters are heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Coming back home, my wife and I were looking for a place that had a good lobster roll. Well Coastal Flats had that and a whole lot more! Tucked in near Fair Oaks Mall, in a fabulous town center, my wife had her concerns. She doesn't like chain restaurants. Well this establishments food is all prepared fresh, so fresh, they don't allow to-go orders! Fritters were out of this world, with a sauce to die for! Corn salsa with a red pepper sauce, a super light breading that was devoid of any grease what so ever! Lobster bisque was tasty and ripe with lobster. Her shrimp cocktail was an interesting dish, almost a civeche, which made it even fresher and better! Her Smoked Salmon was cooked perfectly and couldn't have had anymore flavor than what that chef imparted to it! The lobster roll dish, for 19 dollars, was packed with lobster and delicious, a bargain compared to other places we have gone. See Alexa on the deck for a key lime martini! She, and the rest of the staff, are knowledgeable and attentive, which is a pleasure when you are trying a place for the first time. Chain or no Chain, Coastal Flats is at the top of our dining list from now on, and will frequent it regularly!

• 5 of 5 stars
“You gotta try the salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We had heard about this place while staying in Fairfax so we decided to check it out. The area where the restaurant was located reminded us of cute little town square. Parking was an issue (some spots mark 1 hr others 2hrs). I had called earlier in the day about reservations, which they dont take. The nice girl on the phone asked what time we maybe there and told me to call 45 minutes before we were coming to put us on wait list. We actual forgot to call and ended up calling on the way there she said not to worry and put us in. We arrived gave our name and we were seated right away. I enjoyed the atmosphere and wait staff. The worked as a team and backed each other. Even when taking orders which was great. Were were given these cute little rolls which reminded us of more of warm donut holes sweet and warm. The calamari had a good spiciness and I had the smoked salmon which melted in your mouth. The portions were wonderful. Enough to share of each others plates. This place was great for families or a couple like us .

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went on a Friday night around 5:30 and didn't have to wait for a table and the service was great. I had the Grilled Chicken & Havarti Cheese sandwich with fries and I have to say it was amazing. I would definitely eat here again.