“Who would have thought?”
Review of Coastal Flats

Coastal Flats
Ranked #2 of 419 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ontario, Canada
“Who would have thought?”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Who would have thought that a mall restaurant could be this good? We were stuck on a long layover at Dulles airport so thought we’d go to a mall. We were told it was close to Dulles – NOT. However, we had supper at Coastal Flats and were more than pleasantly surprised. We had the ribs and the shrimp and grits. Being a northerner I had no idea what shrimp and grits was lol but this restaurant makes a tasty version of this SE staple. I tried several other recipes later on in Savannah and Coastal Flats actually was one of the best!

Fresno
“Best Crab Cakes”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the restaurants that Our hotel recommended was Coastal Flats. When I saw Crab Cake on the menu I decided this would be my choice. my wife ordered the fish of the day which was Grouper. She loved her Grouper and my Crab Cake was outstanding. If you are in Northern Virginia I would encourage you to give them a try. We did and we were very happy.

Virginia
“Really bad rib eye”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We really like Coastal Flats and have tried just about everything on their menu. STOPPPPPPPP.....except for the rib eye marinated.........very tasty............LOTS OF FAT which rib eye has......my rib eye was tasty. Could I chew it....barely....Oh, I ordered medium........could I find another piece of meat after the first square........YES........SCORE.........then nothing. For $29 it was the worst piece of steak I have ever had. Coastal Flats needs to make apologies before their unsuspecting guests order this dish.

The sea bass is wonderful, the ribs delicious, the appetizers so good...so what happened to the most expensive dish on their menu?????and why did our wait person guide us to it???? Their mojitos are NOT to die for....but OZZies Italian mojitos are.

Usually the food here is acceptable but not this time. Wanted to really appreciate the rib eye but COULD NOT.

SYLVIAROSEVA

Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“Best American Food Ever”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Okay, so it's the second wealthiest county in the nation (Fairfax) and I would expect goodness but this was spectacular food. Heavens! Steaks like marshmellows, giant crab cake chunks, crispy, thick coleslaw, giant side salads, sauces like perfume with a mixture of ingredients us normal folk only see on TV (Tabasco used with lavender and other stuff for a fish sauce?!). And, it happened to be my Mom's 90th birthday and the free dessert platter with mixed treats, a candle and beautifully scrolled "Happy Birthday" was a delight. It's a huge dining room and it can be loud at certain service times but if you are in the area, try it.

fairfax, va
“A bump in service.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am a avid fan of Coastal Flats and the Great American Resturants (Silverados, Arties, Sweetwater, etc), especially when I have guests from out of town. Fairfax Corner is a great place in summer - movie theaters, pinkberry, fountains for the kids to run through. Pleanty to eat and very clean. Saturday night took out my wife's family, visiting from abroad. The spinch and cheese dip and firecracker crab appitizer were "excellent" - according to my Brother-in-law. I had a bowel of Lobster Bisque - not as rich as usual but still very good. My poor son waited over 20 min to get his soup because of "a recipe problem". A rep came over and told us "I am so sorry" and promised us a free dessert. My wife and her sister shared a shrimp roll and the crabcake dinner. Both excellent. I had the special - Alaskian Salmon with a watermellon type sauce. It was ok, a little too "wild" for my taste - I much prefer their steak "filet" dish or if you're lucky enough to find it the "tequola lime tips" are a classic. Ask for it, even if not on menu. So why the negative review - served dessert with no spoons (bread pudding is delicious), son was served soup late and he still had to wait 5 minutes for a spoon (what happened???). Lastly, I usually don't accept "free desserts" if I feel the problem was accidental. In this case, too many issues so we ordered the dessert. To my surprise, the bill included the dessert. I paid it and left very dissappointed that the rep didn't have the curtisy to come check back or inform the waiter of her offer. Will I be back - yes, my wife loves it and Ozzies in Fairfax Corner (Italian, same owners).

1 Thank Yazen