“Best American Food Ever”
Review of Coastal Flats

Coastal Flats
Ranked #2 of 421 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“Best American Food Ever”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Okay, so it's the second wealthiest county in the nation (Fairfax) and I would expect goodness but this was spectacular food. Heavens! Steaks like marshmellows, giant crab cake chunks, crispy, thick coleslaw, giant side salads, sauces like perfume with a mixture of ingredients us normal folk only see on TV (Tabasco used with lavender and other stuff for a fish sauce?!). And, it happened to be my Mom's 90th birthday and the free dessert platter with mixed treats, a candle and beautifully scrolled "Happy Birthday" was a delight. It's a huge dining room and it can be loud at certain service times but if you are in the area, try it.

• Visited July 2013

fairfax, va
“A bump in service.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am a avid fan of Coastal Flats and the Great American Resturants (Silverados, Arties, Sweetwater, etc), especially when I have guests from out of town. Fairfax Corner is a great place in summer - movie theaters, pinkberry, fountains for the kids to run through. Pleanty to eat and very clean. Saturday night took out my wife's family, visiting from abroad. The spinch and cheese dip and firecracker crab appitizer were "excellent" - according to my Brother-in-law. I had a bowel of Lobster Bisque - not as rich as usual but still very good. My poor son waited over 20 min to get his soup because of "a recipe problem". A rep came over and told us "I am so sorry" and promised us a free dessert. My wife and her sister shared a shrimp roll and the crabcake dinner. Both excellent. I had the special - Alaskian Salmon with a watermellon type sauce. It was ok, a little too "wild" for my taste - I much prefer their steak "filet" dish or if you're lucky enough to find it the "tequola lime tips" are a classic. Ask for it, even if not on menu. So why the negative review - served dessert with no spoons (bread pudding is delicious), son was served soup late and he still had to wait 5 minutes for a spoon (what happened???). Lastly, I usually don't accept "free desserts" if I feel the problem was accidental. In this case, too many issues so we ordered the dessert. To my surprise, the bill included the dessert. I paid it and left very dissappointed that the rep didn't have the curtisy to come check back or inform the waiter of her offer. Will I be back - yes, my wife loves it and Ozzies in Fairfax Corner (Italian, same owners).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Yazen
Toronto, Canada
“It's alright.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Perhaps because I was sitting at the bar alone, I was kind of ignored a bit. I had some of their drinks, and ordered an appetizer - some kind of chips or nachos with cheese or something. Would I go here again? Perhaps if a friend invited me. I wouldn't go alone though. Perhaps I didn't enjoy it because I'm not used to the people around here, which I find to be a bit reserved and not loud enough.

• Visited April 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Coastal Flats is one of my family's favorite places to eat! The food is of high quality & delicious. Service is great. The staff seems to help each other out. Staff is helpful with food allergy concerns. I love the mango/pecan chicken salad. My family loves the burgers, crab cakes and seafood entrees. The restaurant gets busy, but you can call ahead to get your name on the seating list. The earlier you go, the better. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
Knoxville
“Awesome food”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This place was great. The food,drinks and service were all great. U had the filet and crab cake and it was delicious. My only complaint was that I sat outside and 2 girls pulled there stools in front of us and proceeded to smoke while we ate but that isn't the restaurants fault.

• Visited June 2013