“what a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coastal Flats

Coastal Flats
Ranked #2 of 392 Restaurants in Fairfax
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“what a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I brought my family to coastal Flats by chance - could not find a more convenient place - but what a surprise: impeccable service, superb food, great ambiance and reasonable prices. I'll definitely be back!

Hickory Creek, Texas
“Gotta try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you are looking for upscale casual and want high end service, this is the place. Flawless every time we go. The best grilled Tuna I have had in years. I usually save tuna for sushi because I am so picky. They got it right. Try the shrimp cocktail too. The mango is a nice touch.

• Visited May 2013
rockville, MD
“Coastal Flats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I love the food at Coastal Flats and feel it is fairly priced. The bar area is nice too, if you want to take a break from shopping. the bread they serve in the beginning is delicious.

Visited March 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good food & Drinks -- worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This location is set in a nice little shopping area and has a great outside area to sit in during nice weather -- especially for happy hour and some snacks! The food is very good and a nice variation on the menu, although perhaps slightly on the higher side of moderately priced, and the menu isn't that large.

Recommended for a group of friends or even a special evening with that special someone.

Plan to wait for a while if going at prime time during nice weather.

• 3 of 5 stars
Arroyo Grande, California
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant a couple of days ago and had an excellent experience. I wasn't sure I would need a reservation for a mid-week occasion but I made one anyway since I don't like to wait for dinner. In the end, I was glad that I did since the place was buzzing when we arrived at about 5:30pm, particularly the bar area that was filled with excited patrons.

The food was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive to our needs, sometimes anticipating our requests before we even made them. We had the chicken salad and crab cake dinners and would order the same meal again, and recommend it to anyone. Although we didn't have dessert, Coastal Flats has some really sweet concoctions as post-dinner fare.

We've been to this restaurant before, as well as the Coastal Flats in Tyson's Corner, and will return for both the great food and excellent service.