“Good food, good service, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coastal Flats

Coastal Flats
Ranked #2 of 408 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boulder, Colorado
“Good food, good service, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

There were 7 guests in my party. Four meals arrived about 10-15 minutes after the order was placed. No problem. Then... 5 minutes later, two more meals arrived. Then, after another 5+ minutes, the last meal arrived - at least 10 minutes, but probably more - after the first entrees were set on the table. Violation of one of the more basic rules or restaurant management, no? A hostess, a host and our waiter apologized profusely for the delayed delivery, but who really cares about an apology when one member of your party is staring at their silverware and everyone else is wondering whether they should start eating (rude) or let their food get cold (kind of silly). The only real answer here (to me, anyway) is to comp a drink or a dessert or even the delayed entree. You didn't live up to your end of the deal, why should we pay full price? On the positive side of the ledger: our 5:45 reservation was honored and we were seated promptly. Everyone did enjoy their food. Still...

• 2 of 5 bubbles

“Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great food every time I visit the restaurant. It's a wonderful place to take a date or go with the family. The food was very delicious and fresh. Our waiter was very informative of the menu and had great service, definitely coming back.

Houston, Texas
“Amazing, Every Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I try to eat here at least once when I'm in Fairfax visiting my family for the holidays. The service, in my opinion, is exceptional. The whole staff really does work as a team and often they seem to anticipate your next request even before you do. The food is consistent and very good. My only real complaint is the fact the menu is a bit limited (never seems to change), and the fresh catch more often than not is Mahi Mahi. The restaurant is always loud and makes it difficult to hold a conversation. I'm guessing this is intentional as you normally don't see people lingering after their meals. I'd hesitate to use the word value, but I do think you pay a fair price for what you get. Overall, I really like this place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington, D.C. USA
“Bland...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

unless you are a fish lover, which I am not... just more mediocre food frome the mid-Atlantic. Their other restaurants in the D.C. are are not much better.

Midlothian
“Great meal and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

After a long day of Christmas shopping we stopped here for dinner. There was a wait for a table so we decided to eat at the bar. We are glad we made that decision-the bartender Tyler was awesome! We had the deviled egg and featured oyster appetizer (that he recommended) and they were great. Shrimp and grits for dinner was the best I've ever had! If you go to Coastal Flats and there is a wait-take my advice and sit at the bar for the best meal and service you've ever had!