“Great Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was a good Sushi place. My friend and I had a great dinner. We mostly ordered the special sushi and it was great!! The only thing that I did not like was sashami. It did not come on rice so it was just raw fish. Other than that this was a great experience. I would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this place. It is one of the few authentic Japanese owned sushi restaurants in the area. The food is excellent and the service is attentive and charming. The sushi is fresh and yummy. The bento box is a great mixture for a meal. It's location is off the main road so the restaurant is never full. There are large, comfortable tables. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We've been big fans of Kawata for years. It has a diverse menu, and we've never had a bad meal or even bad dish. We are especially partial to the yellow tail jaw, calamari salad, and the seaweed salad. Even the ordinary salads and miso soup are noteworthy. We drive a long way to get here, and we always are happy that we do. You can eat inexpensively if you are careful, but it's easy to run up a bigger bill when the food is so good.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I would think this would be one of the best tasting Japanese restaurant in this area compared to other "Japanese" restaurants. I've been in Japan for a long time and Shishi quality is very good, restaurant atmosphere is also nice.

1  Thank FCC_R-2001
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This restaurant is not especially imposing as it is located in a former Pizza Hut building (no insult meant to PH). But the top-notch sushi and rolls prepared by the chef overcome any shortcomings in decor. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This out-of-the-way small restaurant in Fairfax Circle is a real gem for sushi lovers.