“Improving and improving” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Washington DC
“Improving and improving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Time was, a decision to visit to this Fairfax restaurant was based on, "We're hungry, we're here, let's eat." The restaurant was tired looking, a bit messy, and noisy and food sometimes was great but often so, so with dry fish and limp sides. But following a recent renovation to both the interior and the cooking, Red Lobster has become a place we choose to go to for a nice fish dinner. We like to sit in the cozy bar area where you feel like part of the action but are separated from other dining areas in this big restaurant by big windows filled with wavy glass. Booths are big and comfy and the nautical theme is sophisticated and understated. Regular specials and new offerings are a good reason to come back for the food. Most recently, we tried the 30 or more shrimp, which allows you to select two shrimp entrees with salad and side for a reasonable price. It's a fun and inexpensive way to try new dishes. Portions are "Goldilocks," not too big, not too small, but just right and you should be able to exit without a takehome box if you avoid the temptation of the house-made biscuits, which arrive warm and tasty. And of course, lobster is fresh as you are reminded when you enter the lobby and are greeted by the lobsters trolling along in the tank. Great for couples, families, and gatherings of friends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Markham, Virginia
“Used to be good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm a fish and seafood lover and the Red Lobster was one of the places we could depend upon. But lately, the food has not been particularly good -- kind of institutional tasting.

Visited January 2012
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

excellent food but had to wait a while for service and even longer for food to arrive, staff were very apologetic.

Visited August 2012
southern ontario
“Mushy Shrimp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I don't think this is particular to this Red Lobster, but it was disappointing. About once a year, I go to a Red Lobster and seem to forget that their stuff is pretty marginal. The salad that comes with the entree tastes like it comes out of a Bag O Salad bag. The cheese and garlic biscuits are consistantly good!
I had an all you can eat shrimp dinner - shrimp 2 ways and rice. The rice was salty and the garlic shrimp were small and mushy. I didn't even order more, despite the all you can eat feature.
The lobster pizza appetizer and the coconut shrimp appetizer were both good. If I go back, I'll just stick to the appetizers.

Visited September 2012
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
“Server could have made it 5 stars.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I love Red Lobster so much that every year it has become a birthday tradition for me and my friends (even the non seafood lovers) to go there for my birthday dinner (July 10th or as close to it as possible).

This year for a number of reasons it turned out to be just me and my sister. The food was as fabulous as ever but unfortunately the experience was tainted by an unfriendly and rather rude waitress. This was extremely disappointing as I've always had wonderful experiences in the past - not only at this location, but also the former Falls Church City location (which I miss terribly), as well as the Manassas location (which is now more of an in between point where a number of us can meet).

My mouth still waters every time I see a Red Lobster commercial and I can't wait until my next visit. I just wish I could have given an Excellent review - which it would have been had we not had such a grouchy waitress. She cost this visit one star.

• Visited July 2012