“always excellent”
Review of Villa Mozart

Villa Mozart
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Mozart is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street (Route 236)
Description: Chef-owned Northern Italian restaurant with emphasis on South Tyrolean specialties . Seasonal and locally sourced ingredients are the basis of every dish. Menu changes constantly reflecting seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I am never disappointed by Villa Mozart and always look forward to my visits there. The food is always creative, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The staff is knowledgeable and professional. The ambiance is elegant without it being stuffy. It is a small and charming place. Thank you for being close by so we do not have to travel to the city for a similar experience.

2  Thank foodieinmclean

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Although not regulars at the restaurant, this was perhaps our 5th time in two years and each time we have been seated in the same seat. We are used to a bit more attentiveness for the price that we paid for the food and wine. While the service was NOT impressive, the filled pasta was a winner. The parsley soup with a scallop was much saltier than I am used to eating. The evening fish special (haddock) appeared to be very popular and was good, but not excellent.

2  Thank chelimon
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was my third visit in three years. I have always found the food choices interesting and the taste excellent. There is an Austrian/Italian influence to the cooking because of the chef's training and some items are listed on the menu only in German or Italian. The portions are small as you might expect in a gourmet restaurant, with a price tag of $124 for 2 before tax (including 2 glasses of wine and the prix fixe meal--which just means pick one item from each course). The cream of asparagus soup (an Austrian specialty) was set off nicely with pieces of scallops. The smoked prosciutto with "speck" (bacon) and artichoke was presented in a lovely two-part dish and tasted very good. The rack of lamb, while not the best I've ever had, was succulent and cooked just as I like it. The gnocchi with sausage were good but not outstanding. The wine by the glass selection is extremely limited. The service was not that impressive and our waiter disappeared after bringing us our wine and someone else took over, without checking on how we liked the meal. I remembered the restaurant as having more character and atmosphere than it has now. Although the restaurant is housed in an old house, it doesn't have a lot of character. We were seated in a quiet room with no color on the walls and no art work--just a room. Not my idea of a great atmosphere.

1  Thank cfuller603
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We met some "foodie" friends who have been raving about this place. We soon found out why. We started off casual with drinks and took some time to just catch up. They have an excellent wine selection and fully stocked bar. They brought us some cheesy bread sticks that were impossible not to nibble on. The saltiness went well with our drinks. We finally ordered some appetizers; the Speck (Smoked Prosciutto tray) and the Salmon Tar Tar. The Speck was an awesome plate that contained thinly slices cheese with the prosciutto. It was delicious. My wife ordered the Angnello, (Rack of lamb) and I ordered the Black and white chitarra (guitar spaghetti) with baby clams, sea scallops, shrimp, Savoy cabbage and black Norcia truffle. The food was cooked perfectly and was so delicious that I wanted to like the plate. I asked for more bread so that I could mop up what was left of the sauce. If you are around the Fairfax area, you need to make a reservation. Our friends ordered the Risotto Ollo (Maine lobster risotto) and the Gnocchi which were outstanding as well.

2  Thank John R
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We ate here for dinner it was really fresh pasta very nice atmosphere white tablecloth dress up a little no jeans I feel more comfortable in a button down ... Pasta is amazingly fresh all ingradient are excellent high quality. Dinner was excellent wine is a little bit expensive I totally recommend this restaurant for a couple

2  Thank drjonesphd