“There is nothing that compares!”
Review of Woodlands

Woodlands
Ranked #272 of 424 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm a meat-eating, non-Indian, who lives in DC, and I'm in love with this place. It's a short distance from the city--take Rt. 66 and exit at Rt. 50 Fairfax. It has an incredible variety of absolutely outstanding dishes on their lunch buffet, at a very reasonable price. The owner and his wife always seem present to ensure it's quality, and it's always full of Indian folks--always a good sign in an ethnic restaurant. I have been to South India recently where the food is delicious, but I never had a meal this like this there, much less in the DC area. With Indian veggie food this good and varied I honesly do not miss the meat. I come away totally satisfied, stuffed and happy each time, and undoubtedly much healthier than if I had eaten a big meat meal. If you midly like or have had only medicore experiences with Indian food you must try this place, or if you like Indian food already, but don't know where to go for a great meal--you must give this a try. My only problem now, is that all my other Indian haunts in the area are a disappointment. I count the days till I can return here. There simply is nothing that compares.

There are newer reviews for Woodlands

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This buffet is the best deal in town. It is not huge, but wow, is it tremendous. The quality of all of the food is outstanding. They also walk around with additional food. The bill was $17.50 for two people. Again, this place is great. The only negative is that no one who works there smiles :)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went to lunch on a Friday afternoon. The restaurant was busy but the buffet was well maintained and the food selection and flavors were excellent. The vegetable curry was one of the best I've had; the assortment of vegetables was great and it was perfectly spiced. Mint rice was a new experience and it was much better than I expected. Cabbage with coconut? Amazingly, it worked really well. I suggest you avoid the Woodlands for lunch on the weekends; it is a little too busy. We saw several families with children; there are less spicy choices on the buffet and always bread and vegetable pancakes as well as fresh fruit.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

On a Saturday afternoon the place was packed. We were seated after a short wait. The buffet was standard fare, at least what has become standard fare for Indian Vegetarian restaurants in the general Washington DC area. The multi-course South Indian vegetarian "marriage meal" ingredients were all there. A chaat table and several Indian desserts including laddoos, ambrosia, carrot ka halwa (creamed, sweetened carrot) and so on rounded out the meal.

Standouts: The ladies fingers podimaas (okra curry) and a South Indian More Kuzhambu (curried yogurt sauce with a squash) were exceptional. There was an intriguing peanut chutney - would love to find out its ingredients! The rest of the dishes were average; I did not try the Asian fusion dishes as they looked greasy.

Parking and location were no problem. I would go back when they were not so hurried and harried. I believe they actually do a much better job than what I saw today.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Have been there for a weekend buffet. Crowded as all other Indian restaurants around.
Food quality, ambience average average average. Prices are little on the expensive side compared to other restaurants in Fairfax VA.

One thing that stood out is their customer service. They tend to rush the customers to leave to accommodate waiting guests. Have seen that happening to few tables around me and happened to me as well. Wouldn't go back unless I am out of other choices.

They better start to treat their customers well.