“Thali Menu- Excellent Addition!”
Review of Woodlands

Woodlands
Ranked #141 of 452 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had not dined at Woodlands in the evening for several months although we frequently enjoy the lunch buffet. Tonight we were introduced to the new expanded dinner menu that features a "Thali" option that includes an entree, rice, four restaurant selected side dishes, yogurt, soup of the day, and naan. This delight is arranged on a tray with the entree in the center and the other dishes in small bowls surrounding it. A feast for the eye and the stomach!
Our total bill for two "Thali" selections was less than $30! What value!
The service was impeccable and the selections fresh and flavorful. Tonight was just the start of many future Woodlands dinners.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

we were 6 people and went for dinner on weekend night and ordered for thali. We had to weight for 2 hours after ordering the food. Everybody got frustrated. The manager said they are preparing the food and bring in few minutes and no one responded after that. We were very disappointed by the poor service. Finally we got the thali and my uncle found one metal piece in the rice.we reported to the manager, he didn't even say sorry. We were extremely disappointed. I never go back to this restaurant. In the end we were offered some beeda and buttermilk as complimentary but we felt we took bad decision by going there.

1  Thank yatri123
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is my "go to" place to meet friends for the generous, fresh week day luncheon buffet. The dishes vary daily and always include a soup, appetizers, several main dishes, rice, multiple condiments and a dessert. Fresh dosais are delivered to each table and included in the buffet price. Most notable is the consistent fresh, well prepared cuisine. I highly recommend this fine vegetarian restaurant.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have eaten here numerous times and have always had a good experience. The food is complete Indian vegetarian. They have a buffet daily for lunch and on Sunday they have a big brunch buffet. The food is spicy and hot just how I like it but, if you are not into spicy Indian food this may not be the place to go eat for those that have problems with spicy foods. The buffet price is very reasonable, the last time I went to eat during the week buffet I believe it cost $6.95 per person, the Sunday buffet is a little higher than that since they add more choices to the buffet.
The wait staff is very attentive always there filling your water and getting you whatever you may need.

The only thing I wish it offered would be Wine. They do not serve alcohol beverages at all.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great restaurant for the weekend buffet - authentic South Indian vegetarian food.

We come here often and have never been disappointed. Stronly recommended is the "chaat" the popular Indian street fast food to be had as appetizers - "gol gappas", "dahi bara" and the "papri chaat". Brings back fond memories (and taste!) of my childhood.

Freshly made hot masala dosas served at the table along with coconut chutney and not-too-spicy sambhar by itself makes the visit worthwhile.

Remember: This is a self service buffet restaurant. "Service" is limited to replinishing glasses of water and taking away used plates :)

1  Thank MayankBhargava