“First time, sad there are not any near me !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #35 of 385 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“First time, sad there are not any near me !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been seeing commercials for Joes on tv for a long time but do not have a location near me. So when my daughter and I were planning a trip to DC we found out there was one right accross the street from our hotel in Fairfax VA. We went on a Sunday night, we were greated enthusiastically from a hostess right away, they sat us at a table and asked if we had ever been there before. We said no so they gave us a run down of how things worked and what to order. I ordered a New England Clam Bake bucket and it was fantastic, two lobsters, clams, corn, patatoes etc. All of the food was cooked well and tasted delicious, my daughter got a crab leg bucket and I shared some of that as well. The service was fantastic !! They only problem was that I probably ate 10 pounds of food !! Really sad there is not one near me !

Visited April 2013
1 Thank auwareagel

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manassas, Virginia
“Good family seafood dinner, fun atmosphere many choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was our first time there, it was a different experience for sure. Fun and pleasant greeters, a bit loud but you get used to it. The service was pretty good, not the place for a romantic evening for sure, but above average deals and seafood yes. We had the seafood pots( Citrus Spicy Pot and the Artic Bay) a good portion of food for the dollar. Well prepared and above average flavor. We enjoyed it as something different, a bit pricey but good for every now and again visit.
Definitely better then Red Lobster and similar places or chains.
Dinner for two with a appetizer coupon, about 70 dollars. Not bad.... we both were pleased and will go back. Go to the internet site for a decent coupon. Don't have small children anymore, but they do have a kids play area as well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Nothing outstanding. Got the grilled lobster, back wrapped scallops and bacon wrap scallop. Lobster under cook, bacon entrees overlooked. Lot of choices but preparation of food underwhelming.

1 Thank Mark G
Washington DC
“Your average chain seafood place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Quite an expensive place for the atmosphere and quality of the food. Lobster was tough, salmon and vegetables overcooked. When spending this much money, I'd prefer to eat somewhere without a roll of paper towels on the table and kids running everywhere. My brother ordered fish and chips where were clearly soggy and dripping with grease. I think red lobster is a better choice.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sandbeast
Fairfax, Virginia
“Bring a Fire Extinguisher for your Table”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

OMG! Without a doubt, the WORST we have ever eaten. Everything, no matter what you order, is so spiced that it's almost inedible. Shrimp, hush puppies, lobster, even mashed potatoes. How can mashed potatoes be so spicy that you can't figure out what you're eating?? I went through almost three glasses of water and a beer - when we walked out my tongue was literally burning. Not sure how anyone cooking these things can even reasonably believe it's tasty. I will say the onion rings, salad, and string beans were not spicy, but my guess is they must have run out of whatever they were putting in this food. I had the opportunity to fill out a survey on the receipt and get a free $7.00 appetizer for our next visit. It could be worth $50 and I wouldn't go back. They should supply a fire extinguisher for each customer who walks in the door. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

• Visited December 2012