“Your average chain seafood place” 3 of 5 stars

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #36 of 391 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC
“Your average chain seafood place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Quite an expensive place for the atmosphere and quality of the food. Lobster was tough, salmon and vegetables overcooked. When spending this much money, I'd prefer to eat somewhere without a roll of paper towels on the table and kids running everywhere. My brother ordered fish and chips where were clearly soggy and dripping with grease. I think red lobster is a better choice.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sandbeast

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Fairfax, Virginia
“Bring a Fire Extinguisher for your Table”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

OMG! Without a doubt, the WORST we have ever eaten. Everything, no matter what you order, is so spiced that it's almost inedible. Shrimp, hush puppies, lobster, even mashed potatoes. How can mashed potatoes be so spicy that you can't figure out what you're eating?? I went through almost three glasses of water and a beer - when we walked out my tongue was literally burning. Not sure how anyone cooking these things can even reasonably believe it's tasty. I will say the onion rings, salad, and string beans were not spicy, but my guess is they must have run out of whatever they were putting in this food. I had the opportunity to fill out a survey on the receipt and get a free $7.00 appetizer for our next visit. It could be worth $50 and I wouldn't go back. They should supply a fire extinguisher for each customer who walks in the door. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank eaglesclaw121
New York City, New York
“wanting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm from NY and been hearing about Joes for the longest time so when I came to DC my friend took me. although my meal was good looking it lack quantity and my shimp was not divined that was a big issue for me. was not what I had expected at all.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tawanna R
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Classics done well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I shared a marriage retreat date while watching our college alma mata play on the big screen. We shared a classic for two. Having never been to a joe's crab shack, we asked our server for suggestions and directions which he helpfully provided. The tricks on eating crabs and how to use the tools were welcome. Don't be afraid to ask directions. The food was excellent and a good value for the money. We came away full but not stuffed with crab legs, shrimp and sausages along with corn on the cob and potatoes satisfying our taste buds. We'll be back.

Manassas, Virginia
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Took hubby there for his birthday. We started with drinks and ordered the crab nachos, they were really good. For our entree, hubby ordered the new Arctic Bay and I ordered Joe's Classic. Both were delicious and well seasoned. This was my hubby's first time at Joe's and I am sure we will be back. As I stated it was his birthday and yes the staff sang happy birthday (Joe's Crab Shack version) to him. We passed on dessert because we were both very full. But next time hopefully I will leave room. Overall, great food, great experience and service.

• Visited October 2012