“Hidden little secret”

Havabite Eatery
Ranked #49 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a hidden little restaruant in old town Fairfax. It is a small, cozy place owned by Greek people that are "off the boat" if you will. The food is great, prices are better and the staff is top notch. We were treated like we were a guest in their home and given everything we asked for. One of the best Greek places I've ever been to.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Located in historic old town Fairfax,VA-this family style restaurant was introduced to us by our student son at George Mason University.It features Greek and Italian Specialties and homemade pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner.We have eaten there several times and have not been disappointed.Featured items include grape leaves, tzatziki,greek salads with wonderful feta cheese,gyros,souvlaki, as well as burgers, subs and other sandwiches. Entrees feature Baked moussaka, spanakopita, shish kabob, lasagna, chicken parm, fettucini alfredo and of course pasta and meatballs. Baklava and rice pudding are great for dessert. They also have homemade pizza including a greek version. They are able to cater with dinner trays for family gatherings. Entrees range in price from 9.95 to 11.95. There is an appetizer plate for 7.99. The largest gourmet pizza (16 in) is only 17.99. Believe me, the prices for this upscale area are fantastic.Ambiance-wise it is rather small, out-dated but clean with Greek music and Greek waiters and waitresses-to be honest some are probably new to this country. Very friendly and very polite and attentive. I've always believed that these little places are great and as for me, Greek food is healthy and tasty.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My second visit (been well over a year). Drive to Fairfax to meet my husband for lunch. Arrived on a Wednesday at noon and the place was empty. By 12:30 it was packed. Server took our order and brought our water pretty prompt and he brought our pizza. Then we never saw him again! He was busy with "to go" orders and other tables. Never refilled our glass and I had to go up to the counter to get a "to go" box and pay our check. I left only a 10% tip cause that is all the service we got. The pizza was good (vegetable) but the cheese was bit too stringy. If in the area might try again but definately would not drive to Havabite on purpose.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Craving Greek food, stopped in for lunch. Good pita and hummus...I had the Shrimp Sandorini over Rice....so tasty!!! My friend had the Baked Moussaka and loved it! Cute place, very cozy and great menu! It's a gem!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Greeks soups and Mediterranean meats are wonderfully prepared. My favorites include the souvlaki, either in a sandwich or on a salad. Pizza and Italian dishes are also very good.