“very, very good food”

Bellissimo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 419 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street and University
Description: Bellissimo Restaurant, Fine Northern Italian Cuisine, is a chef- owned and operated restaurant located in the heart of Historic Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. We serve lunch Tuesdays-Fridays and dinner every day of the week! We can accommodate private parties of up to 65 people, and can do a special event any day of the week at any time! We offer discounts to people going to the Fairfax Symphony and George Mason Center for the Arts. See you soon!
The Villages, Florida
“very, very good food”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Please ignore some of the negative reviews on this restaurant. We ate here this past Saturday night to celebrate my son's graduation and it was a very enjoyable dining experience. This is a very small and cozy place. Two of us had mixed salads which were rated excellent. Two of us had the mushroom soup with crab - very light and flavorful. Our entrees were excellent. I had the Cleopatra (linguini with shrimp, lobster and scallops which were perfectly cooked). The service was very good although a little too much might have been left to our server toward the end. Overall we definitely enjoyed our evening and would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Scott8147

Manassas, Virginia
“Really? What a waste of an evening”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Since this place is located in the City of Fairfax I didn’t have high expectations to begin with. I grew up in NOVA and never considered Fairfax a dinning destination other than for Denny’s. When we arrived we were stacked up in the doorway waiting to be seated. It’s a small place but small doesn’t mean bad. In this case that was probably just a coincidence. We were seated under AC vents which were freezing. Our water glass had lipstick on it. The wine list was subpar at best. The menue probably printed that day was crooked in the folder. Not a big deal but looked cheesy. After our dinner order it took 45 mins to receive our food. yes ...45 mins. We would have walked out if it wasn't for the fact we stopped in all the other terrible restaurants in town for drinks just prior. Not once did anyone come by to apologize for the delay and they clearly knew there was a problem. Our water glass was filled once not by our waiter. The food was ok but extremely salty, defiantly nothing to brag about or want to come back for, along the lines of Olive Garden but more expensive. We were offered a dessert menu that never came. We couldn’t wait for the check. In spite of its quaint appeal, it lacks personality and quality service. They try to present the notion that’s its one big happy family. This was evident from the cheesy happy birthday singing at one table. To be fair, we visited 3 restaurants that day in the old town part of Fairfax and they all sucked. This place was no exception.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank BenD0ver
Los Angeles, California
“Best dinners ever”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I eat out several times a week and have travelled and eaten extensively. We had several courses, and agreed that these were the best meals either of has has ever had. Beyond delicious. Can I rate them a 10 in each category?

• Visited May 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Lunch Treat Not to Be Missed!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

What a treasure we found on Main Street in Fairfax! I cannot describe how delicious our meals were - I enjoyed the Chef's Daily offering of a "Menu Gastronomic" and chose an amazing salad with fennel & spinach & Parmesan cheese, homemade ravioli with spinach and mushrooms with veal, and fresh strawberries with a perfect "creme fraiche" - each bite was better than the last!! One last note - our waiter was a charming 80 year old gentleman from Sicily - HE made me and my friends feel so special! We heard if you are lucky enough to dine at Bellissimo on Saturday nights, he sings!! PLEASE be good to yourself and get to this restaurant ASAP!!

“Amazing food...”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Was in the area and found this place on trip advisory and it was amazing. Love the atmosphere loved the food. I had my daughter with me and we had a great dinner.

1 Thank kinda a